Eventbrite tickets booking box not showing

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite tickets booking box not showing

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Phillip
    Participant

Hi

I am trying to use your plugins for a new site; currently in development at (very basic design / template at the moment but being developed):

http://spirit.glowfish-creative.co.uk/event/commando-spirit-take-the-leap-2016/ works fine but on all the other events such as: http://spirit.glowfish-creative.co.uk/event/commando-spirit-survive-the-yomp-2016/ the ticket booking box does not display – URL not found.

All the events are public and I ran through all the other forum and plugin / template changes to try to find any conflicts, all the events are public at: http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/commando-spirit-6483220071 and times are BST. The only difference is that the other events allow groups to be created to book, we need the group booking option, does this therefore make your system incompatible or have I just missed a setting somewhere.

Many thanks

Phillip

Cliff

Hi Phillip. Sorry this is happening for you, and thanks for such a detailed question.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any messages you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

If none of that helped, please provide screenshots of the wp-admin event edit page of each of those two events.

Thanks.

Phillip
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks a lot.

The only thing I saw was different (besides the Eventbrite Event ID) was the setting for the “When this post is updated…” option. Could you try changing that and see if the Tickets then work?

Phillip
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Phill, I checked with one of our developers and the .com vs .co.uk shouldn’t have any effect.

Also, we’ve had many issues with Eventbrite’s consistency. That’s not said to place blame to this specific topic, just that it’s proven difficult over time to know what’s an error on our side (coding) vs their side (downtime, coding, etc).

Is there any additional information — possibly links and/or screenshots to other events of yours — that may help our developers in debugging your specific issue?

Phillip
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Phill, I thoroughly tested creating a new event at Eventbrite.com, adding multiple tickets (including group discount as specified here), importing to WordPress, and everything appeared as expected.

The only thing I noticed is if the Eventbrite event is NOT publicly listed, the EB Tickets won’t appear. But from your screenshots, it appears this isn’t your issue.

You might want to try re-importing the event (delete the existing WP post, permanently delete it from the WP trash, and re-import it).

Please let me know if that solves it for you.

Thanks for your time and effort!

Phillip
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

That “group” stuff doesn’t look familiar to me.

The group ticket discount I was referring to is something else. It’s basically creating a regular ticket with a required minimum quantity. For example:

• $10 for 1 ($10 total for 1, $20 total for 2)
    • $9 for 2 ($18 total without option for just 1)

I linked to this help article, but it doesn’t apply to your individual/group participant thing.

Do you know if there’s an Eventbrite help article on this topic?

Phillip
    Participant

Hi Cliff

Note sure about eventbrite articles as they just state that ticket widget is not available if you enable group bookings and I do not know what methods your API uses to integrate. My guess is that your plugin’s tickets are similar / utilise the ticket widget and therefore incompatible if group booking is enabled. Can you check with one of your developers to make sure as if so I will need to use the booking button.

Thanks

Phill

Cliff

I’ll need a screenshot or link of where their site states “ticket widget is not available if you enable group bookings” before pursuing this further with our developers. Please provide that if you’re able to.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite tickets booking box not showing’ is closed to new replies.