Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Scott
    Participant

The same issue as a number of threads seem to relate to.

I’m trying to post my first ticket to Evenbrite but nothing will convince Eventbrite that I have a valid Venue address loaded.

I’ve copied from Google Maps, I’ve tried the lang & long, I’ve tried different venues.

I’m not disabling all plugins and reverting to the 2014 theme. It’s a live site and there appears to be a common issue.

Thanks

Hi Andrew,

Thanks so much for reaching out!  I’m sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue on your site.

Can you visit Events > Settings > APIs and hit the Remove Authorization button near the bottom of the page under the Eventbrite section? After the page refreshes, hit the Get Authorization button in the same location and let me if it authorizes correctly. The Remove Authorization button will reappear the authorization went through.

If that doesn’t do the trick, would you mind enabling WP_DEBUG and sharing any messages you see while navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket?

We normally recommend running through our testing for conflicts procedure at this point, however it sounds like something you aren’t interested right now.  However, here’s what I’d recommend as a first step, in order to rule out some type of conflict at play.

This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Andrew Scott
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. I have in fact refunded the Eventbrite plugin and purchased the Event Tickets Plus plugin as I think we’re going to need more control.

Hi Andrew,

Sounds good, I’m glad to hear that you were able to find a workable solution for you.

If you have any questions about Event Tickets Plus along the way, feel free to open a new thread.

You are welcome back in our support forums any time!

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite requires a Venue and it must have a valid Address.’ is closed to new replies.