EventBrite offers ZERO help

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets EventBrite offers ZERO help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    howtoproject
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m making every effort to be positive and ask for your help. I purchased EventBrite Tickets today, installed it. I went to EventBrite, created the app, got the token, the client secret, added it in WordPress, etc. I then went to your site to follow the basic EventBrite tutorial. First thing it says it go to the EventBrite section of the Event. There isn’t one. I check Screen Options. Nothing there for EventBrite. I think maybe create a new event. Nope. No EventBrite section. I logout of WordPress and back in. Nothing. I start digging around for more tutorials on your site. Oh look, there’s many, except all the link are BROKEN.

It seems everytime I work with Events Calendar it’s a huge pain in the arse to get setup. Works fine when it’s going, but man are you guys in the business of trying the patience of your customers.

It shouldn’t be this hard. Please let me know how to get the EventBrite add-on functioning. Thanks.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus!

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I’m sorry to hear you are having that issue and that you are having a hard time setting up Eventbrite Tickets.

I’ve just reviewed our article on starting up with Eventbrite Tickets (https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-eventbrite-tickets/) and I could see the broken links you were referring to. I’m not sure what could have caused that but I’ve already flagged this to the team.

In the meantime I have fixed the broken links so you can access the linked articles.

If you have already added your Eventbrite API credentials and are not able to see the Eventbrite tickets section when creating an event, please verify that you have clicked the Get Authorization button in Events > Settings > APIs.

If, after that, the Eventbrite Tickets section is not showing up, then please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page when on the add new event screen. We have an article that explains how to do that here >

Additionally, this could relate to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate you taking the time to report this.

Please let us know how that goes and if you have any follow up question.

Best,
    Victor

howtoproject
    Participant

Thank you for fixing the links. I managed to get it sorted. Was user error. Missed the critical Get Authorization step. Didn’t see the grey box.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcus!

Glad to know you could work it out! 🙂

Thanks for following up to let us know about it.

I’ll go ahead close this thread now, but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘EventBrite offers ZERO help’ is closed to new replies.