Eventbrite iframe missing after upgrade to 3.12

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite iframe missing after upgrade to 3.12

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

It looks like Eventbrite plugin versions 3.12 and 3.12.1 don’t like to show the Eventbrite iframe on events posts for me.

I’m rocking Event Calendar 3.12.2, WP 4.3.1, moved to Twenty Fourteen theme, deactivated all other plugins and only have Event Calendar and Eventbrite plugin activated, cleared browser cache, etc. and still not working.

But it seems shifting back the Eventbrite to plugin versions of 3.11.1 from 3.12 (or 3.12.1) makes the iframe appear again. When I go back to 3.12 it’s gone again.

It’s doesn’t seem like a permissions thing as in either version of the Eventbrite plugin WP is still talking to Eventbrite when I save changes to the event, from either end, the event details will update.

Watching the browser activity in Fiddler I can see the calls to Eventbrite when I load the page in a browser with 3.11.1, and when I load the page with 3.12 or 3.12.1 I don’t see the browser trying to call to Eventbrite on page load.

There were other threads with discussions around the iframe being gone, but didn’t seem to be related to the upgrade. I’ve done as much diligence on my end as I can think of but can’t seem to find a fix.

Thanks for any help!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues here. I can help troubleshoot them with you.

Thanks for providing all the details of what you have tested already. That helps narrow this down.

It sounds like this happens when you import and event or when you create an event and them publish it to eventbrite. Is that correct?

Can you provide a link to a couple eventbrite events that do not show the iframe and I will see if I can reproduce on my end.

You can provide those in a private reply.

Thanks

Michael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

I looked at that Eventbrite Event and it is set to draft.

Since it is a draft the ticket box would not show.

Although in the past it may have worked as a draft that was not correct and maybe the reason it does not work in 3.12.

Was the Event Published before and still having issues?

Let me know if it works on a Published Eventbrite Event.

Thanks

Michael
    Participant

The event is live, but was set to private (but not passworded or anything). When I made it public then the iframe does reappear. I set it back to private again and it did again disappear. So that seems to solve that.

It’s a little disappointing that this did work previously and now doesn’t. We’re still doing a good deal of testing of our site design and performing internal training with dummy events, and this is going to make doing so pretty clumsy if we have to play with the private/public setting often.

Looking around again I found this thread where a fix is mentioned about hiding the iframe for passworded events that is probably directly related to the change I’m seeing (even though not passworded)?

Brian
    Keymaster

That ticket you found is part of it I believe. And sorry to disappoint, but the plugin should really not be showing Tickets for Private Events or Password Protected as they are not public and the Eventbrite API has no way to tell WordPress if the vising person can access or not. Although that does make it harder to test.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic on the forum and we can help you out.

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite iframe missing after upgrade to 3.12’ is closed to new replies.