Password Protected Eventbrite Event Showing Up in iframe

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Password Protected Eventbrite Event Showing Up in iframe

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

I created an event and password protected it in eventbrite. However, on the event post on my website, the iframe still shows the register option for the private event, and the user can register through it without the password. Is it a bug? Is there any way to make the user enter the password for a private eventbrite event on my site? I don’t want to protect my WordPress event post, I just want to protect the iframe.

Thanks,

Jaeeun

Geoff

Hi Michael and welcome to the forums!

Sorry for the trouble here. Just to make sure I understand correctly–is it the event that is password protected or is it the ticket instead?

If it’s the ticket, did you set the Hide option (screenshot) for it in Eventbrite?

Also, if you could send the Eventbrite ID for the event over (private reply is fine, if you prefer), then I can try to replicate the issue on my end as well.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

It’s the event that is password protected.

Do you mean my eventbrite log in info, or just ID of the event?

You can see the eventbrite event page here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/open-mic-at-klimat-lounge-tickets-17332308401

Michael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Michael
    Participant

I just loaded the page on mobile (iphone 6), and it worked there. But it does not work on amy desktop browsers.

Geoff

Thanks for the clarification here, Michael! That helps a lot. 🙂

Right now, the Eventbrite Tickets plugin relies on the Eventbrite API to either share or not share an event (and its tickets) based on the privacy options set in Eventbrite. It doesn’t appear to respect those settings.

I’ve gone ahead and ticketed this to see if there’s something we can do on our end to make those settings stick any better. I don’t have a timeframe for when that could happen, but you can also do one of a couple of things in the meantime:

1) Remove the iFrame for password-protected events using CSS. For example, adding this to your theme’s style.css file should hide the iFrame for the specific event you linked me to:

#post-207 .eventbrite-ticket-embed {
    display: none;
    }

You can do the same for other events by targeting the Post ID for them.

2) Password protect the post in WordPress. You can add a password wall to any post (or hide the event) by changing the Visibility settings in the post editor (screenshot).

I hope this helps! We’ll do our best to follow up with you here when we have news to share on anything we can do on our end.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Michael
    Participant

So, now I’m using the Content Protector plugin to password protect only the iframe. But the iframe is still displayed even if it’s wrapped in the Content Protect shortcode. I understand that it has to do with do_action(), but I don’t know how I can change it for what I want.

<?php
        $password = get_post_custom_values('password');

if(!empty($password)){
        echo do_shortcode("[content_protector password=". "'".$password[0]."']". do_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta' ). "[/content_protector]");
        } else {
    		do_action( 'tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta' );
        }
    ?>
    Geoff

Hi Michael,

Good question! Using do_action inside of do_shortcode will simply outputs the usual stuff we would expect it to, so let’s try capturing and executing the do_shortcode inside of do_action instead:

[php]
    ob_start();
    do_action( ‘tribe_events_single_event_after_the_meta’ );
    $after_meta_html = ob_get_clean();

do_shortcode( ‘[content_protect]’ . $after_meta_html . ‘[/content_protect]’ );
    [/php]

That’s a simplification of your do_shortcode function, but should give you the general idea–let me know if this helps. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Leah

Hi there,

We wanted to check in here and update you on our progress. Although we weren’t able to address your issue in our upcoming release (3.11) we do still have it on our radar. Thank you for your patience while we continue working on a fix for the problem you reported. We will do our best to keep you posted when we have a solution in place. In the meantime, if you need help or find that the issue you reported here is no longer a problem, please feel free to start another thread.

Thanks again for your patience and understanding!

Cheers,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Leah

Hello,

Thank you so much for reporting this. We are happy to tell you that a solution to this issue is part of our upcoming 3.12 release! We are doing the final testing and then the new version will be released. Keep an eye on your dashboard Updates page!

If you experience any difficulty with the update or find that the issue you reported in this thread is not resolved in 3.12, please open a new thread and we can help you. Thank you for your patience and support as we work to improve our plugins!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Password Protected Eventbrite Event Showing Up in iframe’ is closed to new replies.