Eventbrite error: Venue name already exists

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite error: Venue name already exists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Aaron
    Participant

Hi – We’re getting the following error when publishing a new event and trying to link to Eventbrite: “The following Eventbrite error has occurred: The specified venue name already exists for the current user and specified organizer id. The venue id is [2983066]”

See screenshot: http://arll.co/image/1M2R0u282t3t
    Same issue seems to have been reported here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/the-following-eventbrite-error-has-occurred-the-specified-venue-name-already-ex/

To recreate follow these steps:

1. Create an event in WP linked to Eventbrite and using a unique venue name (the error doesn’t occur on the first event)
    2. Enter the details for a second event in WP, linked to Eventbrite and using *exactly the same* venue details as the first event.
    3. Press Publish
    4. The event should save within WordPress, but the error message is displayed (as per screenshot above) and the resource isn’t created at the Eventbrite end.

Thanks for your help.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, this is using the standard Events plugin (not Pro).

Barry

Hi Aaron,

Unfortunately there is some broken functionality here for users of our core plugin and Eventbrite Tickets (ie, for those of you who are not using PRO). Thankfully though this has been fixed in our 3.0 code.

We would however be more than happy to provide you with a free copy of Events Calendar PRO 2.0.11 to basically “tide you over” until 3.0 arrives (at which point you can stop using PRO and, since this is a stop gap measure, please note that we would not provide you with a PRO license – we’d only provide the software itself, so you will not receive any updates).

If that sounds like a plan you are happy with, please email us ([email protected]) and include a link to this thread and we’ll send you a copy of The Events Calendar 2.0.11.

Thanks – and sorry for the inconvenience.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Barry

That would be great – emailing now.

Thanks

Barry

Nice one. I haven’t seen your email but possibly one of my fellow team members did and dealt with it directly … but let me know if you’re still waiting for support on this front 🙂

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Barry. Your colleague Leah sent the Pro plugin through. I’ve installed this and tried again, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have fixed the issue.

I’ve just tried again and got the exactly the same error as before: http://arll.co/image/0L1u2B3F3J2t

Also, under the new ‘Venues’ section that the Pro plugin exposes, we have a whole list of duplicate venues (http://arll.co/image/0w3s3T0C2U2W). I think this might be as a result of admin users trying to work around the Eventbrite error by creating a unique venue name and then correcting it. In any case, I’m wondering if this is contributing to the problem now? Is it safe to just delete all those duplicate venues or will that cause problems with all the events listings already added?

Thanks for your help.

Barry

Hi Aaron, bear with me while I run this past the team for some further input 🙂

Barry

Hi again Aaron.

OK, so unfortunately that’s exposed a second problem which I’m assured will be fixed in our 3.0 release – which is still in development, but is currently in the beta testing phase.

What I’d like to offer is, we’d be happy to sort you out with a copy of 3.0 beta (if you want to contact Leah about that). That should fix all of this up and if it doesn’t we’d definitely take on your feedback and use it to help ensure that the definitive 3.0 release is on the ball.

One thing is, if you’re happy to give that a try, I would definitely recommend testing it out on a staging or development site rather than setting it up on your live site (it’s still beta code after all), but of course if you find it to be stable enough and that it fixes these issues for you you’d be welcome to use it however you please.

Thanks for your patience and for bearing with us here – we look forward to working with you further and doing what we can to help.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Barry

The site isn’t live yet, so I’d at least like to try the beta plugin. I’ll reply to Leah’s email and request a copy.

Regarding all the duplicate venues that my client has created, are these a problem? Should I try and clean up that data by deleting the duplicate venues or will that create problems with published events by deleting their associated venue? I’m aware that in the standard non-pro plugin the venue resource isn’t exposed in the UI, so not sure if I should worry too much about them?

Barry

Well, the duplicate venues/organizers are actually a known problem and 3.0 should introduce code to clean that up. I’m not actually clear on whether that is already in the beta code or not – but I’ll try to clarify that soon – but it might be that it solves at least the first problem.

The final version of 3.0 is, however, slated to include a means of cleaning up duplicates.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Barry. I’ve received the beta version of the Events Calendar plugin but now I’m being told the Eventbrite addon is out of date. Is there an accompanying beta version of the addon that should go with this?

Barry

Hi Aaron, I gather you are also talking to my fellow team member Leah by email, so I’ll leave you in her capable hands.

But if you need further input from me just post back in here. Cheers!

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Barry. I need further input from someone because I’m still getting exactly the same issue occurring. See latest screenshot: http://arll.co/image/1m123K2z0E0j

Ignoring the out of date plugin message, I’m still getting exactly the same EventBrite error complaining about venues.

I’m starting to get a little nervous about this now as I’m completely reliant on your support to get to the bottom of this. Whatever you thought the problem was, doesn’t seem to be the problem. I’d be really grateful if you could try and recreate this error your end to help diagnose and fix this issue. Thanks

Barry

Thanks for all your patience so far and bearing with us while we tried some of these ideas out. I’m currently seeking further input from the dev team – so there might be a short delay but please know that we’re definitely committed to helping out as best we can here and will update you as soon as we can.

Aaron
    Participant

Hi Barry, has the been any update on this?

Barry

Hi Aaron – I’ll check in with the assigned dev and get back to you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite error: Venue name already exists’ is closed to new replies.