Eventbrite currency reverts to USD on sync

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite currency reverts to USD on sync

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wayne goldsmith
    Participant

Hi there,

I posted a previous message but marked it private as I had added my server information – maybe that’s not the right thing to do as I got not response to my issue. Posting again now – hoping someone from Modern Tribe reviews these Help threads.

==

I’m having what seems to be a common issue in that when I sync events from my WordPress site to Eventbrite the currency defaults back to USD. I’ve just had to refund and cancel and event and recreate it in the correct currency after we sold a few tickets without noticing the currency was worng.

On recreating the event in Eventbrite, I imported just the new event – everything fine, currency and timezone all good.
    I made a change to the Featured image and updated the post in WP, boom – currency switches back to USD.

I returned to Eventbrite, fixed the currency before any more bookings come in and now all seems good.

So in short the issue I can confirm is that when Events Calendar PRO/Eventbrite Tickets syncs back to the Eventbrite server it resets the currency to USD.

My case is slightly more complex as I am making events in multiple currencies. Help!

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your detailed message.

I am unsure how the Eventbrite currency works, but if it’s based on the Eventbrite Locale, that could be the issue — in which case I’d imagine there isn’t support for multiple currencies. Does Eventbrite.com support creating multiple tickets for a single event that have differing currencies? Or maybe each event can only have a single currency but within your account you can set the currency per event and all the tickets for that event must have the same currency?

Depending on those answers, you may want to try out https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/eventbrite-additional-options/

Looking forward to hearing back.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite currency reverts to USD on sync’ is closed to new replies.