EventBrite / Checkout Questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions EventBrite / Checkout Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Trevor

A potential project is looking for an online event registration site. They looked into EventBrite and it suited their needs in most ways, except unfortunately EventBrite doesn’t manage payment by purchase order very well – and many school districts need to be able to upload a pdf of the PO.

So the client needs a customized solution where they can create and edit event pages, and accept payment by credit card or purchase order, and probably have a “mail a check” option as well.

The other tricky thing I can think of for this is that some school districts might be registering more than one person, but wanting to pay for them together, so the system would need to be able to collect registration info for multiple registrants at a time. I know I’ve seen this capability with EventBrite, but just wanted to mention it.

Is this all possible with The EventBrite Tickets product (https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-eventbrite-tickets/) ?

Geoff B.

Good evening Trevor and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

So the client needs a customized solution where they can create and edit event pages, and accept payment by credit card or purchase order, and probably have a “mail a check” option as well.

It sound like your client might be better off with a Event Tickets Plus + WooCommerce combination: https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/

This works because the Events Calendar and Event Tickets Plus take care of the creation and edition of event pages (and their associated tickets) while we hand over all of the transactional aspect of the purchases to WooCommerce.

WooCommerce lets you choose the available payment gateways (cheque, P.O., credit card, etc…). You might need to get a few extensions for WooCommerce for that purpose.

so the system would need to be able to collect registration info for multiple registrants at a time.

This can also be handled with Event Tickets Plus: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/collecting-attendee-information/

So to answer your question, Eventbrite Tickets will not meet your client’s requirements, but Event Tickets Plus will.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘EventBrite / Checkout Questions’ is closed to new replies.