Eventbrite authorization leads to page not found

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Eventbrite authorization leads to page not found

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Mathieu
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve purchased Eventbrite for Event calendar today and I’ve followed everything from the video until the end, but when I press allow to connect my eventbrite account to my website (experiencefood.ca) it says “The page cannot be found.”

I have been having problems with my internet connection and received two license keys by accident. Could this be the problem? If so, how do I fix it?

Thank you,

Mathieu Samson-Savage

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mathieu,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing in using our plugin. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue quickly.

To start:

1. When you get a “The page cannot be found”, is this a 404 page on your site or just a completely broken link?
    2. Could you send us the link that your directed toward after you click “Allow”? Just copy the URL from the browser once the “The page cannot be found” is loaded. It sounds like there might be an issue with the site URL or the OAuth URL and this link will show us if there are any syntax issues causing the error you’re experiencing.

Thanks!

Mathieu
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Here’s a copy paste of the page. It is located at http://experiencefood.ca/tribe-oauth/eventbrite?code=PWTK6OREU5BO23W44MXW which is also my the OAuth page that I copied from my WordPress dashboard.

“The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
    Please try the following:

Make sure that the Web site address displayed in the address bar of your browser is spelled and formatted correctly.
    If you reached this page by clicking a link, contact the Web site administrator to alert them that the link is incorrectly formatted.
    Click the Back button to try another link.
    HTTP Error 404 – File or directory not found.
    Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 404.
    Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled Web Site Setup, Common Administrative Tasks, and About Custom Error Messages.”

Thank you

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mathieu,

Thanks for following up and providing this additional information.

I took a look at the URL and it appears that the information has been added there correctly. As a quick test, try going to your WordPress dashboard and re-saving your permalinks. See if that then allows you to validate then.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Mathieu
    Participant

Hello,

I had tried that already (from reading other posts) and I just tried it again. The same message pops up on my page.
    The permalinks issue was brought to my attention because the plugin was making my page unusable. So, I switched permalinks to post name and then the plugin didn’t bug my page, but I’m still unable to use any of the functionalities. I’m guessing this is because the plugin isn’t validated yet.

Is there anything else I should try?

Thank you,

Mathieu Samson-Savage

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mathieu,

The next thing I would like to try, just to ensure there isn’t anything else in the way of the verification process, run through the Testing for Conflicts procedures and ensure that all other plugins are deactivated and you’re running a default theme prior to attempting the verification again.

Also, could you provide in a private reply here the diagnostic information from the Help tab within the event settings within your WordPress dashboard?

Thanks!

Mathieu
    Participant

Have you received my other reply? I’ve sent it in private, but it doesn’t appear on my thread. Is this normal?

Josh
    Participant

This reply is private.

Mathieu
    Participant

This reply is private.

Mathieu
    Participant

Have you received my previous private message, sent on May 20th?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mathieu,

Sorry for the delayed response.

Looking at the configuration, I was hoping to see something stand out as unusual or as a common conflict but unfortunately nothing is jumping out as too out of the ordinary.

Here are a couple of ideas that’ll hopefully help us get to the bottom of the issue:

1. We just put out an update to version 3.9.6 that fixed some issues based on different hosting configurations. Although the direct problem was different from the one you’re experiencing, it may help in this case as well.
    2. Have you tried deactivating all other plugins to see if there is a conflict?
    3. Is your site being hosted on a Windows server?

Thanks!

Mathieu
    Participant

Hello,

1. I have updated the plugin and this didn’t change anything.
    2. I have tried deactivating everything and tried to validate the plugin under different themes to no avail.
    3. How do I know if my site is hosted on a Windows server? I run Windows on my computer. Is this what you mean?

Should I simply ask for a refund and do my Eventbrite manually?

Thank you

Josh
    Participant

Hey Mathieu,

Thanks for following up on these requests.

Based on the error page when visiting http://experiencefood.ca/tribe-oauth/eventbrite, it appears that you’re website is currently hosted on a Windows server. Investigating further, I also see that your main site has a very odd permalink structure with all pages including a pass through “index.php” (http://experiencefood.ca/index.php/restaurant-information/).

I’m not positive but it appears that this is due to limitations with hosting on a Windows server and could possibly be addressed with one of the workarounds described here https://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks#Permalinks_without_mod_rewrite.

Ultimately, based on the way the rewrites are currently handled with the inclusion of “index.php” to the URL, I’m not sure there will be a clean way to handle the rewrite that is currently in place that handles that authorization URL. The best thing you could do would be to reach out to your hosting provider to get an alternative URL structure set up.

Alternatively you could also request a refund by sending a copy of your original receipt to support[at]theeventscalendar.com.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite authorization leads to page not found’ is closed to new replies.