Eventbrite API Issue

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Eventbrite API Issue

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Natalia Neira
    Participant

Hi,

After updating the following plug-ins:
    The Events Calendar: Eventbrite Tickets 3.9.6 & The Events Calendar PRO 3.9.3

The element of the event editor that allows the integration of Eventbrite ticket sales from within the calendar is missing. Much like the issue described in this thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/no-longer-showing-eventbrite-widget/

But I’ve followed all the steps to add my Eventbrite Application Keys to the Eventbrite settings page. The error I’m getting after attempting to get authorization is:

“Invalid/missing Keyring core nonce. All core actions require a valid nonce.”

and after deactivating the Keyring plug-in the error message changes to:

“You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.”

Natalia Neira
    Participant

Also, I should note, I’m logged in as administrator on Eventbrite. So I can’t understand why I don’t have permission to access the page.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the issues you’ve been experiencing trying to get setup with the new Eventbrite API.

It sounds like the core issue here is a conflict with the Keyring plugin so lets try to activate this way:

1. Completely deactivate the Keyring plugin on your site
    2. Go to Eventbrite.com and create a new App for your site and key new keys generated
    3. Go back to your WordPress dashboard and update the keys within the Event Settings > Eventbrite
    4. Click “Save Settings” again before clicking “Get Authorization”
    5. Authorize the app on Eventbrite.com

Let me know if this allowed you to activate or if you received the same error.

Thanks!

Natalia Neira
    Participant

I deleted Keyring plug-in, deleted the old API key, created a new one, updated it, and when I submitted it for authorization I got the same response. Maybe I need to be logged into Eventbrite under a different account? Even though I’m the administrator, there use to be a different administrator who may be integrated into the plug in from the back end? That person left the company 3-4 months ago, and then their account was deleted and mine was made admin. Let me know. Below is the exact error message:

“The application you’re trying to use has made an invalid request to Eventbrite. Please contact the application developer.”

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

That could potentially be an issue but first, would you mind pasting a screenshot of the settings used (URLs, oAuth, etc) when creating your App key? I’m curious if there is a misformatted URL or something that could be prompting this error.

Thanks!

Natalia Neira
    Participant

Computer won’t let me paste the screen shots, but here’s their URLs on our server:

Settings from Eventbrite’s website:
    [removed for privacy]

Settings as entered into our plug-in:
    http://lapena.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Eventbrite2.png

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for providing those screen grabs! What I would actually like to see is an extension of your first screenshot you sent of Eventbrite details. If you click on “key details” you’ll be taken to a screen that looks like https://cloudup.com/cXFRY4boSWe.

Could you send me the screenshot of the information on that page for the current site?

Thanks!

Natalia Neira
    Participant

Here is the screen shot you asked for:

http://lapena.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Picture-1.png

Also, can you please make sure the system notifies me of responses? I never received a notification that you responded to my last submission last week, and I make sure the notify me box is checked.

Thank you!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for providing that screenshot. The problem here is that our plugin requires that you have the “oAuth Redirect URL” added here. You can find out more information in our guide at step 5. For your site, the URL here should be http://lapena.org/tribe-oauth/eventbrite. 

Also, I apologize for the email issue. Ensure that you do have it selected to have follow-up replies sent. However, by default the notifications should be sending.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Natalia Neira
    Participant

Hi there,

OK, I changed the URL in the Eventbrite website. Luckily we had that URL already in the Eventbrite settings page on our website. Unfortunately, after saving & attempting to get authorization, I got the same error message.

This is the error message again:
    “The application you’re trying to use has made an invalid request to Eventbrite. Please contact the application developer.”

Please help!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Thanks for following up!

You mentioned that you “changed the URL in the Eventbrite website” however in the screenshot you sent, the field that needed the URL added was blank. Did you modify the site URL rather than adding the full oAuth URL to the field. If so, this would cause the warning that you’ve noted.

Also, there has been an update to the Eventbrite plugin that was recently released. Ensure that you’re also running version 3.10.1.

Thanks!

Natalia Neira
    Participant

Entered into the blank field. Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

Awesome! I’m glad this is finally working for you!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Eventbrite API Issue’ is closed to new replies.