Event with tickets redirects to homepage depending on role

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event with tickets redirects to homepage depending on role

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dynamiccreative
    Participant

Hi, I’m having an issue with Event Tickets Plus.

If I’m logged in as an admin, I can click through and see an event just fine 200 OK. If I’m logged in as any other role, I can only view events that do not have tickets attached, otherwise I am redirected to the homepage 302 Found.

What I’ve tried:

• Trying the site with only the twentyseventeen theme active
    • Cleared my cache

I’m running:

• WordPress version 4.9.8 on Apache
    • The Events Calendar Pro version 4.6.22.1
    • Event Tickets Plus version 4.8
    Jeremy
    Keymaster

Kia ora,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

It’s possible there’s a conflict between two plugins. Could you try to deactivate all your other plugins, to see if that makes a difference? Please read carefully our documentation about testing for conflicts before doing anything.

Ideally, you would do those tests on a staging site. If you can’t make use of a staging site, you may consider using a plugin like Plugin Detective and/or Health Check, each of which provide a troubleshooting mode that aims to ensure your site will continue to operate as normal for regular visitors.

Also, could you please enable WP_DEBUG (https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress) and WP_DEBUG_LOG (https://codex.wordpress.org/Debugging_in_WordPress#WP_DEBUG_LOG) ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Please let me know what you find out during the process.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

dynamiccreative
    Participant

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your assistance. I also have the Ultimate Member plugin installed. For some reason, access to event pages which have tickets are blocked to non-administrators (which is enforced by the membership plugin).

I’ll have to tweak settings until it’s right again, for now I’ll have to assume that I’m blocking access to tribes event pages.

Is there any difference between permissions to read and event with tickets vs permissions to read an event without tickets? If there is, it would be helpful to know for when I’m granting access to different parts of the site to my users.

Cheers, Eli

dynamiccreative
    Participant

Update: after hours of tweaking the Ultimate Member plugin, I’ve gotten the correct WordPress roles to access the Tribes Events which have tickets.

I would recommend against using the Ultimate Member plugin, as most updates are breaking and require a lot of work to track down and fix issues.

Cheers, Eli

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your feedback!

Indeed Ultimate Member is difficult to operate with The Events Calendar. So I’m glad you managed to get the correct WordPress roles to access the Tribes Events which have tickets.

Here you’ll find a couple of articles that might be of help:

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any follow up questions 🙂

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event with tickets redirects to homepage depending on role’ is closed to new replies.