Event "View More" Buttons Underlapping Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event "View More" Buttons Underlapping Events

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Rion
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m having a problem with the “View More” button on days with more than a couple of events coming up, behind the individual events (Images attached). For some reason, they also come up as large black buttons on some occasions and a smaller text links on otherss

The text links are far preferable as they don’t get in the way of the events, but I can’t figure out what’s driving the different UI, either. Image also included.

While I’m on the subject and as you’ll see in the same image, text from events that exceeds the box size runs over the bottom of the box.

Please send help.

Thanks, Rion

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Rion,

Welcome to the forums! Let me try to help you with this.

I’m sorry you are having this issue. At first it looks like this is coming from the theme you are using.

Please try switching to a default theme like twentysixteen and check if the issue still exists. If it’s a theme issue.

Also could you please share your system information with me in a private reply? This will help us eliminate any glitches coming from a badly coded plugin.
    Here’s a handy guide how you can do that:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Rion
    Participant

Hi Andras,
    Things seem to be working when we switch to 2014. They’re basically saying that it’s a code issue within Modern Tribe. Is there any way that you can reach out to them? We’re getting bounced back and forth here.

R-

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Rion,

Hmmm, interesting.

Can you share with me your system info please. I’ll see what I can do.

Cheers,
    Andras

Rion
    Participant

Which system information? From where?

Rion
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Rion,

Thanks for sending me your system information.

I can assure you we are putting a lot of effort into creating a great plugin and into following WordPress coding standards. Each release goes through rigorous testing, however, due to the horrendous amount of themes out there we cannot test it with every single one. We do get some tickets like yours and lots of times the design errors come from the theme used, but fortunately most of the time it can be fixed with some css magic.

I checked your site to try to see where the problem lies.

The formatting of the big black buttons comes from the theme you are using. Namely from these 2 stylesheets:
    /wp-content/themes/oldstory/skins/oldstory/skin.css
    /wp-content/themes/oldstory/shortcodes/theme.shortcodes.css

They do seem to override The Events Calendar styles a lot. You can possibly check in your theme settings if you can change these separately. Otherwise you need to override with custom CSS.

For the button in the back, 3rd image you attached:
    Normally it would look something like this with generic The Events Calendar styling:
    Cloudup heg3lg1eoyj

So if you are viewing August, then you still see events in the first days of September, they are just greyed out a bit as it is next month. This is again overridden with a css from your theme (see below) to hide it, but it forgets to hide the ‘View all Events’ button.
    /wp-content/themes/oldstory/css/plugin.tribe-events.min.css

You should be able to hide those with this little CSS snippet, just paste it in your theme’s style.cssfile:
    .tribe-events-othermonth .tribe-events-viewmore {
    display: none;
    }

As for the text overflowing the box, the size of the box (day) is calculated on the fly based on the length of the content. I don’t exactly know what values are taken into account here. It can be that it is calculated based on The Events Calendar values, but some (e.g. font-size) are overridden later by the theme’s css. I’m not quite sure of that though.
    Anyway, to fix this the following addition to your css should have the box size up just right:
    #tribe-events-content table.tribe-events-calendar td::before {
    height: unset;
    }

If I can make a reco, feel free to send this answer to the theme developers to take a look into the button styling issue, as clearly some theme settings are overriding the link styles in month view.

Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event "View More" Buttons Underlapping Events’ is closed to new replies.