Help Desk

Event translation issue with event and product

  • Posts: 5 Topics: 3
    | Permalink


    I have a little problem with the translation of the event and the product. I will explain what I have done:
    First I created a product in Spanish and I translated it.
    I created an event in Spanish (a replicated one) and I linked it with the event.
    I translated all Spanish events (one by one, since it doesn’t do all at once).
    When I went to the translation (English version) it didn’t appear the option to enroll in the product.
    I went to the english event to edit it and to put the link into the product, then the option to enroll appear, but it deleted all translated events except the first one.
    If I put the same rules of replication to the translated event, then I have all the events with the option to enroll in it. But it breaks the link between the Spanish/English. When I am in the Spanish version and I click to go to the translation it goes to “page not found”.

    I attache some screenshots (if you need more information please tell me). How can I solve this?

    Thank you very much,

    Posts: 18146 Topics: 17 Answers: 973
    | Permalink

    Hi Jonás,

    Thanks for contacting us: I’m sorry to hear you have experienced difficulties. I want to be sure I’m understanding the problem correctly in the first instance. To start with, it sounds like:

    • You are using WPML to switch between two languages
    • You are generating recurring events
    • You have created at least one additional field via Events Calendar PRO for your events (can you confirm if this is a text field or a URL field?)

    Is that correct? Distilling things down a little further from there, to replicate the problem I would:

    • Create a recurring event in my main language
    • Populate the additional field with some text
    • Translate the event into my second language and update/populate the additional field in the translated event, too

    With the above steps completed, everything seems to be in order. Can you confirm which set of events were deleted — can you also confirm you performed all the setup steps described here and that when you translated your events you followed the steps noted here?

    One final thing I might suggest is using the versions of our plugins noted here. WPML and our own plugins are constantly evolving and, though not ideal, sometimes best results can be obtained by using slightly older versions.

    Thanks! I’m keen to ensure I’m following your steps accurately, hence seeking clarification initially.

    Posts: 5 Topics: 3
    | Permalink

    Hello Barry,

    thanks for your help.

    The three firsts points are correct. The field it seems is generating problems is URL field (the url for the event product field). When I put it in the original event and go to translate it, it doesn’t get translated.

    So when I finish doing the translations I have to go to the translation version and put it (through events calendar pro edition). But when I do this all recurrent events vanish and it only remain the first one. This only event works fine, but since I need a serie I replicate them and here is when the link between translations get broken.

    I have two seets they work ok, but the translation between them it doesn’t work.

    Sorry, we have quite work this month with other things so I have not much time to check this unfortunately. I will take some time as soon as posible to check what you have share with me.

    Thank you very much for your time and help.

    Posts: 18146 Topics: 17 Answers: 973
    | Permalink

    So when I finish doing the translations I have to go to the translation version and put it (through events calendar pro edition). But when I do this all recurrent events vanish and it only remain the first one.

    That is really strange and I can’t replicate the same thing … but bear with me while I check in with the team for further insights.

    Posts: 5 Topics: 3
    | Permalink

    Thank you very much Barry,

    and don’t worry, take your time. We are quite busy for few weeks so I can’t
    take to much time to check it neither.

    As soon as I can I will writte with the results (most probably in the
    middle of the next week).

    Thank you again

    Posts: 10005 Topics: 1
    | Permalink

    Good evening Alejandro,

    I will be helping you get to the bottom of this since one of my specialties is WPML.

    As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

    If you have not already done, after a backup, please also make sure you are using the latest version of the Events Calendar and WPML plugins.

    Head over to WPML > Support > Troubleshooting page.

    Once you are there, you should see several cleanup buttons. I would recommend:

    • Clearing WPML cache
    • Using ALL the cleanup buttons on that page
    • Re-saving your permalinks

    Let me know how that goes.

    Best regards,
    Geoff B.

    Posts: 65
    | Permalink

    Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

    Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

    | Permalink

The topic ‘Event translation issue with event and product’ is closed to new replies.