Event tickets sold number is including deleted tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event tickets sold number is including deleted tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Meg Boyd
    Participant

I am wondering why deleted tickets are being included in my tickets sold number. And is there a way to completely remove deleted tickets? This would be very helpful as I do not want deleted tickets to be accounted for in my total tickets sold number.

Barry

Hi Meg,

I’d love to explore this some more with you as different users have different needs and requirements. Let’s start with a situation like this one:

• I have a ticket with a stock of 100
    • 10 units are sold (taking my availability down to 90 units)
    • 5 attendees are deleted (freeing up 5 spaces)

After that, I see 10 Sold (95 Remaining) in both the event editor and the attendee screen. In the latter it also clearly shows me some extra text to give added context &mdash Deleted Attendees: 5.

All this seems accurate to me: 10 tickets were sold and in terms of availability, we see the correct value of 95 units remaining.

It sounds like this is in line with what you are experiencing, but I’d love to hear more on why altering the sales total would make sense for you (as a sidenote, we pull this from WooCommerce itself and in general we are reluctant to modify things in a way that would cause a confusing discrepancy between the figures that WooCommerce maintains and those we expose on our side).

Is it the case that you simply want a balance of active tickets issued versus tickets available?

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I have the same concern as Meg. When I go in to look at the number of tickets sold, what I really want to know is, how many tickets are currently gone. I don’t want to know how many I sold but then refunded/deleted some of those. As the event organizer, that number is pointless to me. I want to know how many seats are no longer available and how many people are coming to my event. Yes, I can calculate this from what you are showing me if I know how many total seats I had available originally, then I can subtract the number of remaining tickets and figure out what is actually gone, but that seems like a lot of extra work when “how many people are coming to my event” is likely the most important thing for me to know when looking at the data. I hear your concern about not changing data from WooCommerce, but you could show a calculated number instead. For example, in your example above where you sold 10 tickets out of 100, and 5 were refunded, you could show:
    Tickets sold: 5 (95 Remaining, 5/10 sales refunded)

Or something like that. Not sure of the best wording, but I do think the current wording is confusing.
    Beth

Barry

OK – good feedback!

In relation to the ticket editor (the ticket settings that appear within the event editor itself, that is, rather than the attendee screen) does our latest release help with your concerns at all?

Mary Walker
    Participant

I’ve got the exact same issue as Elizabeth and Meg have. I have an event that has 10 seats. Seven have been taken and three are available. My attendee count under all events shows 11 attendees, the 7 who have completed registration and four deleted attendees that I can’t find in Woocommerce. The only tickets that show there are the seven that have been completed. Like Elizabeth, I only want to know who the valid attendees are and how many tickets are left. Right now, I can determine neither easily.

Elizabeth
    Participant

One other time that this becomes an issue is when you have an event with unlimited tickets. The tickets sold shows the total number of tickets sold including refunded/deleted tickets, but without a solid number of tickets still available, it is impossible to figure out how many slots are actually filled.

The new screen may be helpful if you have a set number of seats available, but for my event, I have unlimited slots currently as there is no real upper limit that we can realistically reach. The grid just says that I have unlimited available out of a capacity of unlimited, so that is even less helpful because now I have nothing at all to tell me anything about what I have sold or how many attendees I have. Additionally, it tells me on the Admin Events page, that I have zero attendees, because the two orders that I have area listed as pending even though they were free orders which required no payment and I have the settings checked to try to complete orders instead of putting them into pending. What exactly is still processing about this order?

So in my case, the new screen is not helpful at all.

Barry

OK, well thank you all for your feedback – let me share this with the team and we’ll see what we can do to make some improvements 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Courtney

Hey there

Thanks for hanging with us on this issue. We’ve just released an update to resolve ticket availability. As always, we recommend that you back your website up, test on a staging site, and then take it live on your own website. Let us know how it goes!

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-13-may-2019/

Thanks
    Courtney ??‍?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Event tickets sold number is including deleted tickets’ is closed to new replies.