Event Tickets Plus Question

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Tickets Plus Question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mario

Hi, I had a chance to see and test the backend of TEC PRO and ET Plus. So there are couple of things I want to ask/check before purchasing the full package for another website.

1. Event Tickets Plus – I was pleased to see that you introduced Ticket Fieldsets and Attendee Information. But I can’t see the extra price options I could use for each attendee. Current options are Checkbox, Dropdown, Text, Radio but there is no price field available for the extra options. Now, thinking logically, what kind of event would anyone sell without having extra options with price?

So for example, if you’re registering attendee for a class worth $200, you would normally want to offer a PDF Guide for $10 as extra option, or lunch for $20 and so on… The fact that these options can’t hold a price, doesn’t really makes sense at all to me and I don’t know why would I use them.

What’s even worst, the attendee information doesn’t seem to be passed anywhere. It’s not visible on Woocommerce Admin Order Screen – which makes me think – how can I see the list of people coming to event they just purchased if they are not listed on the Admin Order Screen? Then I figured I need to search for the Event and click Attendees list – which again doesn’t make any sense because all attendees for a single event are just shown in a list which makes it impossible to tell which attendee registered at which date. Yeah, I know that the Admin order email holds the Attendee information, but browsing through the emails is not really a option.

Furthermore, the attendee information (name, email) – I can’t really do anything with the collected attendee data. The only option is to Export attendee list for a single event, and then what? And even if I do export, for every single new attendee for a particular event, the export list gets duplicated with old attendees plus the new ones just added.

Attendees are the ones going to the events, and those emails should be stored somewhere in a different way, so you could send follow-up emails to them, not to the person who’s paying the event.

2. Products as Tickets – On the site I was testing the TEC functionalities, they are selling only 5 ticket types, for example: General, Basic Class, Class + Exam, Online Class, Exam. All those tickets have the same prices no matter the event they are connected to. I must say I was surprised when I noticed more than 3000 products created for 700 events. That makes no sense at all. Is there a way to populate the event with existing Ticket/Product? What is causing this behavior? Is there a smarter way to link event ID with the product? What happens when you have a couple of thousands of events each one with up to 10 ticket types??

I also noticed that the tickets/products were not being automatically deleted after the event has passed. Which makes no sense again – If the logic is to create a new product for each ticket for the Event ID and it’s unique, why isn’t it removed after the event has expired?

3. Event Aggregator – Am I missing it or there is no way to import Events with Tickets assigned? If that’s correct, say I import 500 new events, how to assign them tickets that I also had in my CSV?

Hope you can share your feedback on my concerns here. Even though there are a lot of Pros, I also found Cons which could be a dealbreaker for anyone trying to make a logical booking experience followed by the admin capabilities to work with the collected data.

Hi Mario,

Thanks so much for reaching out and for your interest in our products!

1. With Event Tickets Plus, you are correct that you cannot add a price to the additional Attendee Information.  You can add your additional options as separate tickets, so that customers can purchase these additional options in addition to their tickets.

Alternatively, you can try to sell the tickets through WooCommerce, and purchase a WooCommerce extension that can give customers the options to have add-ons in their cart:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/selling-tickets-from-the-woocommerce-products-page/

2.  I’m not entirely sure how you were creating your tickets, but in most cases, you will want to do this through an event page or a ticket page, rather than a product page.  Perhaps the link I provided above can provide some clarity on how to go through this procedure using the WooCommerce Product Page.

Tickets/events are not automatically deleted after an event, though you can do so manually, and you can choose how frequently events should be cleaned up in your Events Settings.

3.  With Event Aggregator, you can certainly import events that have tickets associated with them.  Please see this resource for how to do so:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/csv-files-options-and-examples/

I hope this help to provide some clarity to you, please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus Question’ is closed to new replies.