Event Tickets Plus: No Confirmation Emails

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Plus: No Confirmation Emails

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

After purchasing a ticket to an event, the customer never receives a ticket.

I am using Events Tickets Plus with WooCommerce. I have confirmed that if i use RSVP as my ticket type, I do get a confirmation email. And the system does send emails for other reasons (e.g., emailing attendee list). When I have WooCommerce set as the ticket type I never receive an email with the ticket/event information, I have tried tickets that cost zero and more than zero. I have attempted to purchase tickets via PayPal and using Stripe (yes, i know those settings don’t belong to ETP) . The only time I have received an email of any kind after purchasing a ticket was using PayPal, I received a receipt – but no ticket. In case it’s relevant – I have gone into WooCommerce and marked the order as ‘complete’ in hopes to trigger an email event – but that didn’t help.

I have tried searching for settings to enable the feature (both in the Event Calendar/Tickets area and WooCommerce) but cannot find anything. Based on my search of the web, I think the emails are supposed to be sent automatically as soon as the order is marked as ‘complete’ in WooCommerce (but I’m not sure of that fact).

Thanks in advance,
    Brandon

Brandon
    Participant

As an aside, if there is some sort of documentation someone could point me to for best practices in integrating and configuring Event Tickets Plus with WooCommerce, I would be grateful. I have been unable too find much.

Geoff B.

Good evening Brandon and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us and for the system information.

We are sorry to hear about the tickets not being sent properly on your install.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

My first recommendation would be to see if installing and configuring a plugin such as https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/ would help.
    In other words, it takes over the WPmail method and uses a valid email address instead. In a lot of cases that fixes this type of issue.

Let me know how that goes.

Secondly, I believe the documentation you are looking for is:

1. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-event-tickets/
    2. https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/configuring-event-tickets/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Brandon
    Participant

I’ve been working on this – so I thought I’d leave an update. I installed the SMTP plugin you recommend, but it’s throwing an error.

SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMailer/wiki/Troubleshooting

I am still working through that – so I intend to update here again after I get the plugin functioning. As of now, I am still stuck.

Also, thanks for linking the documentation. I was hoping it would point to some configuration mistake I made, but it looks like I’m not so lucky. I think my setup is fine.

Geoff B.

Good evening Brandon,

I’m glad you are working on this, but sorry you are dealing with an SMTP connect error.
    This is where the built-in testing tool comes in handy.

In my experience this type of error is mainly caused by a configuration error.
    The settings of the plugin should be very similar to the ones found through your CPanel or in your favorite email software for the account you are trying to use.

Perhaps you could share a private screenshot of your settings in case I can spot anything ?

Finally, if that still does not work, would you mind telling me which web host you are using in case it’s an host specific issue.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Brandon
    Participant

Eureeka!

Well this one was a bit of a rabbit hole, but I finally figured out what the problem was. I use Dreamhost (and it’s SMTP services) to host my site. I wasn’t getting any meaningful errors using Easy WP SMTP, so I tried something a little more robust – Postman. After configuring the services, I noted that I was getting an error in ‘Tools>Email Log’:

5.7.1 Sender domain not allowed. Please read: http://dhurl.org/20b D157

From what I can tell, the Event Tickets plugin was attempting to alter the ‘from’ address – which Dreamhost interpreted as spoofing – and blocked the outgoing messages. To prevent this, I went to ‘Settings>Postman SMTP>Message’ and checked the box to ‘Prevent plugins and themes from changing this’ (referring to ‘Email Address’). Once done, I am now successfully sending emails.

It’s entirely possible that the problem with Easy WP SMTP had nothing to do with spoofing, but I couldn’t find any logs to help me track down the problem.

Thanks again, Geoff for your willingness to help – I appreciate it.

Geoff B.

Good evening Brandon,

Wow! I am super impressed and stoked!

Kudos on finding out what was going on and how to fix it.

I will relay this valuable finding to our Dev team to see if we can tweak things to avoid such issues for our customers moving forward.
    Thank you for bringing that to our attention, it’s truly appreciated.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus: No Confirmation Emails’ is closed to new replies.