Event tickets plus duplicate check-in

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event tickets plus duplicate check-in

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

To whom it may concern,

We have purchased and implemented Events Tickets Plus in our website and we have noticed a feature relating to the QR Scanning that we would like to improve upon.

When a QR Code is scanned and the admin is logged in, we are getting the notice ‘The ticket with ID 1123 was checked in.’

We would like to modify this to check if the ticket owner is already checked in and show a different message to warn the organizer that the ticket is already checked in.

How can we do this and make sure that it won’t be over written with future updates.

Kind regards,

Ben Vincenti on behalf of Trackage Scheme

Josh
    Participant

Hey Benjamin,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This sounds like you may be running into a known bug from a different perspective. Currently, a QR code can be scanned twice to “double check-in” someone. Once this issue is addressed, it should resolve the issue of a QR code getting scanned once and hitting someone that has already been manually checked in.

I’ve added this thread to our internal bug ticket for tracking this issue and you’ll be notified here as we make progress.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns about this process.

Thanks!

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Could you please clarify what you mean by ” Once this issue is addressed, it should resolve the issue of a QR code getting scanned once and hitting someone that has already been manually checked in.”

Also, could you please clarify what you mean by checked in manually. Does this mean clicking the check in button? As we will be looking to check people in by scanning them using a barcode reader.

Cheers,

Ben

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ben,

The core issue is that users could be checked in via the QR code once they had already been “checked in” (either manually by clicked the buttons within the attendee list or by having the QR code scanned which is the issue you’re currently facing).

Once this issue is addressed both sides of the issue resolved and you’ll be notified here once it is ready to be released.

Hopefully this helps to clarify some of the confusion I may have introduced with the previous response.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Benjamin Thomas
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Is there any update on this issue by any chance?

Kind regards,

Ben

Josh
    Participant

Hey Ben,

I took a look in our internal ticket for this particular issue but didn’t see anything about potential update release.

I followed up there and will let you know what I hear back on this one.

I apologize for the inconvenience of this particular issue and appreciate your patience.

Thanks!

Michael
    Participant

Just following up on the importance of this issue. Would love for a fix to be released soon.

centurypixel
    Participant

You all advertise this as a feature of Event Tickets Plus.This is a pretty important issue to not be working. Should be higher on the list of bugs to fix.

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

I definitely understand the concern here. We do have a solution for the QR codes allowing duplicate check-ins available here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-code-scanned/#dl_post-1064532

It addresses the QR code check-in specifically but also deals with the general check-in functions.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

centurypixel
    Participant

We will give it a try. If I upgrade Event Tickets Plus to version 4.0.5 will this file be overwritten?

Josh
    Participant

Hey,

I believe the issue was addressed and the code updated here for 4.0.5. However, if I’m mistaken, that code will get overwritten and you’ll need to re-add the correcting code.

I apologize for the inconvenience here.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Event tickets plus duplicate check-in’ is closed to new replies.