Event Tickets Plus – Autocompleting Woocommerce orders

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Plus – Autocompleting Woocommerce orders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    tuberb
    Participant

I have a client using WooCommerce as a shopping cart for events, and who is running into the same problem that is referenced here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-tickets-plus-autocompleting-paypal-orders-via-woocommerce/.

The offered solution does not work because they will be selling physical products in addition to classes, and auto-completing all orders will create other problems. So will this be fixed in Event Tickets Plus soon, or, can you suggest some code that will only auto-complete orders that involve event tickets?

Thanks,

Barry

Geoff B.

Good evening Barry and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

To answer your question, we are still working on improving the built-in functionality to auto-complete ticket orders so that they work for every body. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

You could probably adapt Woo’s snippet by adding a conditional so that it only applies to tribe_wooticket posts or _tribe_wooticket_product types.

It would be the best solution in my opinion.

I’d love to run some tests and get back to you on this one.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

tuberb
    Participant

I am reluctant to put something in to follow that code sample to autocomplete the order based on the product type, since that would not handle a situation in which there are multiple products on an order, some of which are events and some of which are not. I guess we can manually “complete” the orders in the admin, but it would be much better if you could either provide code that we could install to handle all situations, or get the plugin to work properly to begin with.

Barry

Geoff B.

Good evening Barry,

Thank you for your answer.

You make an excellent point. If there are multiple product types (including tickets) in an order, this would not work properly. I can totally understand if you are not comfortable using a snippet under these circumstances.

To avoid such a behaviour, there would need to be a second level of conditional to check if the order contains other product types as well. In fact, I just added this to the requirement of the ticket to enhance that functionality. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

As a side note, originally, the built-in functionality aims at doing exactly what I described earlier: look for the presence of the ticket product type and activate the snippet from there (you can see it at line 402 of /event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php).

One thing is for sure, for now tickets are only sent once the order is set to “complete”.

We will contact you as soon as the revised functionality is out.

In the meantime, is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Geoff B.

Good evening Barry,

Just a quick follow-up to let you know that since our latest maintenance release (4.2.3), the Try to set the status of new ticket orders to “complete” automatically should now work as expected under Events -> Settings -> Tickets.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus – Autocompleting Woocommerce orders’ is closed to new replies.