Event Tickets Plus – Autocompleting Woocommerce orders not working

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Plus – Autocompleting Woocommerce orders not working

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    david bergeron
    Participant

I know this is a recurring thread and I did checkout the solution here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-tickets-plus-autocompleting-woocommerce-orders/ however the solution to “Try to set the status of new ticket orders to “complete” automatically should now work as expected under Events -> Settings -> Tickets.” is not available/visible in the latest version. Is there any fix for this or suggestion?

We have regular downloadable products in the store as well so the solution to blanket autocomplete orders is not an option for us.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me try to help you with this topic.

I know some users make use of the WooCommerce Order Status Control extension to autocomplete ticket orders. I’m not sure if it will accomplish exactly what you are looking for but you might want to have a look at it and its functionalities > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/woocommerce-order-status-control/

The solution you mention will overcome the problem where the user would receive the ticket email even when the order status is still pending payment. So setting the option to Completed only for “When should attendee records be generated” solves that. You can learn more about this settings here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/woocommerce-specific-ticket-settings/

I hope that helps. Let me know how that works for you and if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

david bergeron
    Participant

Yes but the issue for me is not the email but the fact that orders are not autocompleted. The plugin you are suggesting will auto-complete virtual orders meaning it will complete our virtual books as well. There used to be a setting to force Tribes auto complete orders, how can we get that setting back? Or maybe there is a snippet of code that I can use to bring back that functionality.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David,

Thanks for clearing that out.

The plugin I suggest does state to have an option to “auto-complete paid orders that only contain products marked as virtual (without being marked “downloadable”).”

So, if your virtual books are also downloadable products, you can opt to not auto-complete orders for those.

On the other hand, if your books are only virtual products, then the WooCommerce Order Status Control is not an option for your specific scenario.

We used to have an option to autocomplete our orders, which was not fully working as expected depending on the payment gateway. As WooCommerce handles all of the orders processes, we decided to not interfere and instead added the options to choose for when attendee records should be generated depending on order status.

I guess another option would be to create some custom coding to complete orders that only have our tickets. You could use the following snippet as a reference > https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/automatically-complete-orders/ but bear in mind this might create a conflict with some payment gateways too.

I hope that helps to some extent. Feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Best,
    Victor

david bergeron
    Participant

Thanks for that link. The code you are suggesting will auto complete all orders no matter what. Can you share a snippet that you used in an older version of the plugin as I assume it will only affect tickets? Thanks for the help!

david bergeron
    Participant

Any update on this? I would love to get this resolved.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

I’m sorry for a bit of delay here.

Please, let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like this.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible. So, I will reach out to the team to see if we can come up with a snippet that will only auto complete ticket orders, and will get back to you when we have something for you.

Please hang in there.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus – Autocompleting Woocommerce orders not working’ is closed to new replies.