Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce Memberships

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce Memberships

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    bruce williams
    Participant

We are using WooCommerce Memberships to set discounted ticket prices based on product (ticket) category. With the update to the new ticket interface, it appears that the ticket price is being retrieved via a function that includes any discounts defined via WooCommerce Memberships.

For example, if a WC Membership is defined to give free tickets to a particular product (ticket) category, then the tickets ALWAYS display as free in the back-end ticket interface.

The desired functionality is for the discounted pricing (if any) to appear on the front-end only. Discounts should NOT be applied to the ticket price displayed in the back-end ticket interface.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Bruce,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I have tried to recreate the scenario you described but so far I didn’t succeed.

Could you please provide some more details and some screenshots as well to help me see what is happening? Thanks!

Looking forward to checking this out!

Andras

bruce williams
    Participant

Sure.

Create an event with a ticket with a non-zero price. Save the event. Then, using WooCommerce Memberships set a product category based discount of some kind (I’m seeing this issue with a 100% discount; I haven’t checked if the behavior still occurs for other discount amounts or whether it depends on % discount or dollar amount discount). Go back to product corresponding to the ticket you just created and set it’s category to the one you specified for the WooCommerce Membership discount. Now go to the event page and attempt to edit the ticket. The ticket price has changed to $0 (in the case where the discount is 100%).

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

I believe I did the same and now re-did it, but everything seems to work fine.

I created a screencast of it, you can check it out here.

I see you are using a whole lot of plugins. Might be that some other plugin is influencing this. It would be great if you could go over our conflict testing guide and see if that uncovers any conflicts. I understand that this is usually difficult to do on a live site. In these cases we recommend to set up a staging / test site where you can play around. Let me know if you find anything.

Cheers,
    Andras

bruce williams
    Participant

Disabling WooCommerce Memberships resolves the issue ==> pretty sure this is a conflict with WooCommerce Memberships that was likely introduced with the recent rewrite of Event Tickets/Event Tickets Plus. Never had this problem with the older version of the plugin.

bruce williams
    Participant

Watched the screencast and only difference I can see from what I am doing is that all our tickets are set to “Shared Capacity”. Perhaps the issue only exhibits itself when that capacity option is selected.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the extra info.

I re-tested this with 2 tickets having shared capacity and still everything works fine, just like in the screencast.

Could you try deactivating all plugins except for:

• Modern Tribe ones
    • WooCommerce
    • Memberships

and re-test if you are still getting the same error?

I’m using all the latest versions of our plugins and WooCommerce (3.2.6) and WooCommerce Memberships 1.9.5. I see you have an older version of this, that can potentially cause an issue though I didn’t test 1.9.4. Try updating the Memberships plugin.

Cheers,
    Andras

bruce williams
    Participant

Installing the WC Memberships v1.9.5 update does not change the issue I’m having. Simply deactivating WC Memberships and leaving all other plugins activated solves the issue (for me). I think that is pretty definitive evidence that the issue is some sort of conflict between Event Tickets/Event Tickets Plus and WC Memberships.

This could potentially be an issue with my particular installation or server environment, however I see this on both our production and development sites. If I had the time, I’d create a fresh install to examine this but I’m swamped at the moment. The issue is irritating but not a show-stopper…

I’m running (all testing done on our development website):

• Event Tickets v4.6.3
    • Event Tickets Plus v4.6.2
    • Event Tickets Plus Extension: Enhance Woo Order Templates (no version information available)
    • Event Tickets Plus Extension: Show and Print Tickets v1.0.0
    • The Events Calendar v4.6.9
    • The Events Calendar Extension: Add Phone to Attendee Lists v1.0.0
    • The Events Calendar Extension: Current Month Link v1.0.0
    • The Events Calendar Extension: Relabeler v1.0.0
    • The Events Calendar PRO v4.4.21
    • The Events Calendar: Remove QR Codes v0.1.1
    • WooCommerce v3.2.6
    • WooCommerce Cart Add-Ons v1.5.15
    • WooCommerce Memberships v1.9.5
    • WooCommerce Follow-Up Emails v4.6.3
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for getting back to me on that.

I did a 3rd test run and found out what’s happening here.

If the admin is also a member that has a 100% discount on the product, then you will see a blank price field, since you are a member.

However, you can enter a new price and update the ticket. While the admin will still see a blank field (due to the 100% discount) the new price will be shown on the front-end.

If the admin is removed from the membership, then the back-end will again work fine.

I hope this helps.

I’ll file a bugticket for this glitch so our devs can take a look at it sometime.

Cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Bruce!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Plus and WooCommerce Memberships’ is closed to new replies.