Event Tickets Causing Slow Loading on WooCommerce Memberships Admin Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Tickets Causing Slow Loading on WooCommerce Memberships Admin Page

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kyle
    Participant

Hi, I’m having an issue with Event Tickets and WooCommerce Memberships – in terms of the expected functionality everything works really great, so we’re very happy with the plugin on that front!

However, there is a bit of a performance issue with the plugin when it comes to a particular screen on the back-end of the website. When visiting the WooCommerce > Memberships page in wp-admin (/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=wc_user_membership) it seems that the Event Tickets plugin is running some queries that are contributing rather significantly to the load time of the page. It is by far the slowest page in the admin area of the website, clocking in around 6-10 seconds on average. I checked out the queries using Query Monitor and the two slowest queries are coming from Event Tickets.

I was wondering if there is any way to prevent Event Tickets from running queries on this page, as there doesn’t seem to be any information related to events / tickets displayed on the page anyway so theoretically these queries don’t need to be running at all! I found that deactivating the plugin helped speed up the page quite a bit, but we really want to keep the plugin and functionality it provides.

There are numerous intances of queries similar to this:

SELECT DISTINCT as_posts.ID
    FROM as_posts
    INNER JOIN as_postmeta
    ON ( as_posts.ID = as_postmeta.post_id )
    WHERE 1=1
    AND ( ( as_postmeta.meta_key = ‘_tribe_rsvp_for_event’
    AND as_postmeta.meta_value = ‘600’ ) )
    AND as_posts.post_type = ‘tribe_rsvp_tickets’
    AND ((as_posts.post_status = ‘publish’))
    GROUP BY as_posts.ID
    ORDER BY as_posts.post_date DESC

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Kyle,

Thanks for reaching out, and we’re so happy that overall, you like our plugins! I’d be happy to help you out with this.

I’m looking into some possible solutions now. While I do that, may I ask if this is a recent issue you’ve noticed (perhaps since an update) or if this has been going on for multiple plugin versions?

Thanks,

Shelby 🙂

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kyle
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by Kyle.
    Shelby
    Participant

Hey Kyle,

So my colleague put together this fantastic snippet that will stop our code from querying unnecessarily. However, he’s not entirely convinced that our plugins queries are causing as much lag as you’re reporting, so you may have other factors contributing to it as well. You can add that snippet to test that theory.

Let me know how this works out for you! 🙂

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Kyle
    Participant

This is wonderful! I know there are definitely other things going on that are contributing to the load time, not just your plugins. I think this snippet is helping though, and every little bit counts, so thank you! 🙂

I really appreciate your guys’ awesome support team, you’re so responsive and supportive. I hope you both have a wonderful day!

Nico

Hey Kyle,

A new maintenance release has been recently shipped addressing this issue 🙂

More information in the release notes and hotfix notes.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for you,
    Best,
    Nico

Kyle
    Participant

Thanks for the update Nico, I will let you know how it goes!

Kyle
    Participant

This reply is private.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Kyle.
    Barry

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tickets Causing Slow Loading on WooCommerce Memberships Admin Page’ is closed to new replies.