Event tickets – Capacity – Available calculation wrong

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event tickets – Capacity – Available calculation wrong

• This topic has 16 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Uwe Matern.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Day from Germany,

we use TEC Pro , Tickets and Tickets Plus. We sell only RSVP’s and we collect additional attendee information for each ticket.
    We have an issue with the capacity/available tickets option. Assumed an event is sold out (e.g. 4 of 4 tickets sold). We can increase the capacity but the available seats remaining zero.

Any idea for that?

Best regards

Uwe

Andras
    Keymaster

Grüss dich Uwe, guten Morgen!

I did a quick test with non-shared capacity and it seemed to work.

Are you using shared capacity where you are having this issue?

Where and how are you changing the capacity?

Could you share with me some screenshots, urls where I can see this?

Danke,

Andras

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Andras,

we do not use shared capacity.
    I tested it again and documented with associated screenshots.

1. Starting point – an event with capacity 40, 37 sold, Available 0
    2. shows the booking screen – still 3 available
    3. edit the capacity – plus 1
    4. Result – capacity increase by one = 41 – Available still 0 🙁
    Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Uwe,

Hmmm… that’s a bit strange.

I believe you shared the same screenshot twice.

Could you also share with me a screenshot of the attendees page?

Thanks,
    Andras

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Hi Andras,

enclosed the screenshot with the attendees details. Although the link to the event: https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/kurs/testveranstaltung/

Best regards
    Uwe

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Uwe,

Thanks for your patience while we were out! We are working hard to get back to the normal spin of things.

Again the same screenshot came over which was duplicated before.

I also checked the url you shared. There I see “Noch 1 von 41 Plätzen verfügbar”.

What I also found is that you seem to be using a caching plugin which can influence things. I would recommend clearing the cache after any modification.

Please, let me know if you are still getting the error and we’ll continue where we left off.

Cheers,
    Andras

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Dear Andras,

the issue still exists.

I use always my testkurs: https://finde-deinen-malkurs.de/kurs/testveranstaltung/ I increased the capacity to 50 ( and I’ve tested 41 sales). So the is the right information: 9 of 50 tickets available, but ….

in the backend it shows available = 0 !

And I use in my script the code:

$capacity = tribe_events_count_available_tickets();
    <?php if ( tribe_events_has_tickets () && $capacity == 0 && ! tribe_is_recurring_event ( )) echo "– Leider schon ausgebucht –” ; ?>

and it get’s obviously the result $capacity = 0

Any idea?

Best regards
    Uwe

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

I’m sorry to hear that!

I have just re-tested this on my local install. I activated Avada, set up an event with a ticket that uses it’s own capacity (10).

I made  purchase of 2 tickets, so availability decreased properly to 8 both on front- and back-end.

Then I increased the ticket capacity to 15 and the available got properly adjusted.

I can propose 2 things to move forward with this.

Can you create a new ticket with it’s own capacity and check if that behaves the same way?

Can you send me a database dump? I would like to take a look at it and see if I can find something.

Grüsse

Andras

Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning Andras,

it get even more strange ..
    I created a new ticket with capacity 10. Then I sold one and the availability decreased to 9 – correct.
    Then I updated the capacity to 12 – plus 2 – And the result is now an availability of 10 – but should be 11 ( 9 + 2).

How can I provide a db-dump?

Any idea?

P.S. What is the meaning of shared capacity and own capacity? (only the shared capacity field is able to edit).

Andras
    Keymaster

That is indeed weird.

You can create a database export either manually through phpMyAdmin (if you have access), or you can use a plugin like this or this. If the size is too big you will not be able to upload it here, then you can share it through some cloud service.

Shared capacity:

Let say you have a conference room which can seat 100 people, and you want to sell regular and premium tickets. You don’t care how much you sell of each, it can be 100 regular, or 100 premium, or 70-30, but in total it cannot be more than 100.

Independent capacity:

This lists the capacities of the tickets that don’t utilize the shared capacity.

If we stick to the 100 person conference room:

You want to save 10 VIP places, so you will have that ticket with a non-shared capacity of 10.

Then you want to save 20 Gold places, again, non-shared. (If these don’t sell out, then you will have empty places left.)

And to make sure you can sell the most places, you would set the shared capacity (of Regular and Premium) to 70.

That gives 10 + 20 + 70 = 100. (screenshot)

I hope this clarifies.

The independent capacity is calculated automatically.

Andras

Uwe Matern
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks!

I’ll check it out and will get back to you tomorrow or on Monday. I ask for a bit of patience!

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

Just wanted to let you know I did not manage to take a look at this yet. I will need a couple more days. I thank for your patience!

Andras

Brett
    Participant

Hi there,

I just wanted to jump on the back of this and say I am currently experiencing the exact same issues as Uwe; The front end says ‘sold out’ whereas the back end say there are spaces (which there are).

What seemed to cause the error however, is when we deleted attendees that had cancelled with us over the phone, and the front end didn’t seem to link with the backend.

Would Uwe’s problem have been caused by a similar action perhaps?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Brett and hi Uwe,

Sorry for the long waiting time.

I fired up the database, but couldn’t log into the back-end, it always told me that I’m not allowed to access the page. I guess that is because of the plugin.

I started manually checking in the database, but that takes a bit longer.

What I found is that in the test event there were lots of deletions and adjustments made, which makes is difficult to see what the source of the issue is. To be able to better investigate this having a new test course with new test tickets would be best.

I also recommend this article on Refunding and Cancelling Ticket Orders for reading.

Brett, I’m not sure if it is the same issue. To keep things clean I would kindly like to ask you to open a new ticket and provide as many details about the issue as possible. If you can give step-by-step instructions on how the issue came to be that would be the best. Based on that we can try to recreate it. Also please remember to share your system information, and a reference to this topic.

Thanks,
    Andras

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Event tickets – Capacity – Available calculation wrong’ is closed to new replies.