Event ticketing

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event ticketing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike Stark

Hi there,

We have a fundraiser coming up (the first of many) and I’m currently looking into ticketing options, WooCommerce Tickets Plus bring one (EventBrite and Event Espresso being the others). We definitely need the QR functionality to help with event-day-administration.

We already have Event Espresso 3 on our main site for some unpaid events, but have recently started an eCommerce store using WooCommerce (store.20schemes.com). I’m trying to get my head around WooCommerce Tickets…

1) Am I right in saying we will need The Events Calendar plugin first? Might that replace our current Event Espresso 3 plugin? What advantages would there be in using TEC over EE3?

2) If we wanted to set up TEC and Tickets Plus on our eCommerce site (store.20schemes.com), can we add the ticket as another ‘Product’ through WooCommerce? So that aesthetically it looks the same as everything else?

3) Am I right in saying once you’ve paid for the plugin(s) there’s no ongoing ‘per ticket’ fee like EE and EB. Just the fee that comes through our payment gateway (Stripe).

Geoff B.

Good evening Mike and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

1) Am I right in saying we will need The Events Calendar plugin first? Might that replace our current Event Espresso 3 plugin? What advantages would there be in using TEC over EE3?

Actually, no. Event Tickets Plus can work standalone or alongside the Events Calendar.

I am unsure has to wether or not you could replace what you are doing with Event Espresso without having a list of what your requirements are. But, what I can tell you is that we have a large diversity of satisfied customers running our products for all sorts of professional purposes.

In the end, it comes down to personal preference of workflow. As you pointed out, integration to third-party e-commerce platforms such as WooCommerce or, in the case of our EventBrite Tickets add-on, perfect sync with EventBrite while keeping the calendar functionality.

2) If we wanted to set up TEC and Tickets Plus on our eCommerce site (store.20schemes.com), can we add the ticket as another ‘Product’ through WooCommerce? So that aesthetically it looks the same as everything else?

In reality, combined with WooCommerce, Event Tickets Plus actually creates a WooCommerce virtual product of the “ticket” type. So aesthetically, it will look the same.

If you wanted to, with a simple snippet, you could even direct your customers to the product page as opposed to staying on the event’s page for ticket sales.

3) Am I right in saying once you’ve paid for the plugin(s) there’s no ongoing ‘per ticket’ fee like EE and EB. Just the fee that comes through our payment gateway (Stripe).

You are right, there is no “per ticket” fee associated with using Event Tickets Plus coming from our end, simply any fee you would encounter while purchasing any normal WooCommerce product.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Mike Stark

That’s great Geoff, thanks.

I have some follow up questions on the QR scanning feature. I see that there isn’t a dedicated app as such, but you suggest using a 3rd party QR scanner, which I have.

After scanning the QR code at check-in, will the URL that the code brings up provide any feedback to the person scanning? For example, will it tell the person scanning on the door:

[Check in successful… Number of adults/children on that ticket…]
    [Already checked in…]

I guess the person on the door would admit people to the event based on the validity of the ticket itself, rather than the successful scan of the QR code right? It’s not like at the airport where they scan your boarding pass and get a green light or red light!

Also, do you have a charity discount for Event Tickets Plus as you do The Events Calendar?

Many thanks.

Mike

Geoff B.

Hey Mike,

Thank you for writing back.

After scanning the QR code at check-in, will the URL that the code brings up provide any feedback to the person scanning? For example, will it tell the person scanning on the door:

[Check in successful… Number of adults/children on that ticket…]
    [Already checked in…]

The answer to that is yes, it will do just that. Provided the person using the app is logged-in to the website.
    My colleague Brian explains it best here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/qr-codes/#dl_post-1036500

I guess the person on the door would admit people to the event based on the validity of the ticket itself, rather than the successful scan of the QR code right?

Actually this is 100% your decision.

We have customers that print paper version of the attendee list and manage this the old fashioned way: with a pen.
    We also have customers that rely solely on the QR code scanning or that use a laptop at the door.

That being said, you need to pay attention at what the screen says after the scan as it is nothing as big as a green or red light.
    But you will definitely get a confirmation message such as “Customer checked-in” or “Customer already checked-in”

Also, do you have a charity discount for Event Tickets Plus as you do The Events Calendar?

Actually, we even have a non profit program that you could apply to and see if you qualify: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/do-you-offer-discounts-for-nonprofit-organizations/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Mike Stark

Great, thanks Grant. I think I’m happy to purchase. I’ve submitted a 501(c) request. Our web agency already has licenses for The Events Calendar.

Kind regards,

Mike.

Geoff B.

Hey Mike,

I’m happy I could help and thank you for your kind words.

You are welcome back on our support forums any time 🙂

For now, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Geoff B.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event ticketing’ is closed to new replies.