Event Ticket Plus and WooCommerce

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Ticket Plus and WooCommerce

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Casey

Doing a site for a pottery painting studio, which holds events at their 3 locations for people to paint different pieces of pottery. I want customers to be able to RSVP for an event, select one of 6 different pieces of pottery, and pay for their ticket + the product they select. Is that possible within this plugin?

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Casey!

While this is a use-case we would eventually love to provide better support for, at this time you cannot do this in the exact way you describe 🙁

Now, if the customer adds a Ticket to their cart (presumably a “free” ticket if it’s just for RSVPing), and then they select a piece of pottery elsewhere to purchase, then both the ticket and pottery product can be in the same “cart” for the user; and they can pay once at checkout for both things and this will work fine.

But getting these things to work together on the same event is not something our plugins currently provide. Sorry to disappoint!

Let me know if this information is helpful and if there are any other questions, comments, or concerns I might be able to address.

Thank you!
    George

Casey

George – thank you for following up, and I appreciate your candid response regarding Event Ticket Plus. I have another idea, maybe you can help. If I can solve for this issue, then I can justify moving forward and purchasing the PRO license togged the rest of the needed features (recurring events, etc).

Here’s my idea (though it isn’t the most elegant solution): I can Use gravity forms on the event page and dynamically populate the date field from the Calendar plugin, but I’m not that familiar with hooks and wouldn’t know where to pull the date value from – can you provide some insight on that?

Thanks agin George!

CASEY

George
    Participant

Hey Casey,

Thanks for the update here. When it comes to hacking together a solution with Gravity Forms like you mention, I do not know myself if this would do the job adequately. If you’re confident it would, then while we unfortunately cannot help with custom coding, the thing with getting “date” values is that you can use a number of approaches. If you are referring to the date of the specific event being viewed by the user when they go to buy some tickets, you should be able to get the date of the current event by using code like this:

$start_date = tribe_get_start_date( get_the_ID() );

The variable $start_date should then be holding, well, the start date of the event 🙂

Getting the date of the currently-viewed event is something you can tinker around with without needing Events Calendar Pro, and so I would recommend doing this! In other words, the features like event date–and the functions above I showed that retrieve the event date–are totally available within the core plugin The Events Calendar, which is of course totally free. So you can see if you’re able to write custom code reliant upon getting event start dates first, to test the waters with your customization ideas…this is the approach I would recommend before buying anything.

If you buy things eventually, anyways, and can’t seem to make it work as hoped so would like a refund, you can do so by following the steps here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

I hope this information helps! Best of luck with your customizing and tinkering.

Sincerely,
    George

Casey

Thanks again for your help! Upon additional consideration, I think I want to try the PRO version, with Event ticket Plus. Just a couple more things to clear up, and I promise I’ll stop bugging you (I hope).

2 questions:

Regarding Venue: all of the events are held at all 3 of the company’s locations. Is it possible to choose multiple events for the venue, or would I have to create an event for each venue (might make the calendar look pretty crowded).

There is some confusion among some of the staff when looking at the calendar, that hovering or clicking on the events is not obvious/intuitive. Is it possible to add a prompt above the calendar (a simple line, something to the effect of “click on any event for details”)?

Thanks again for everything George – you rock!

George
    Participant

Hey Casey, you’re not bugging us at all 😉 I’m happy to answer questions that we are able to answer!

Is it possible to choose multiple events for the venue, or would I have to create an event for each venue (might make the calendar look pretty crowded).

YES, you can create Venues and then assign as many events as you’d like to them. There is limit to how many events you can assign to a venue.

Is it possible to add a prompt above the calendar (a simple line, something to the effect of “click on any event for details”)?

YES, there are two options that can help here within The Events Calendar’s settings. If you head to Events > Settings in your wp-admin, then to the bottom of the “Display” tab, you have two options for adding text before the calendar or after the calendar. So you could just add some in either spot (or both, if you wanted) that says something like you mention in your question.

I hope this helps!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Ticket Plus and WooCommerce’ is closed to new replies.