Event Ticket PayPal purchase succeeds but is not recorded in WordPress

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Event Ticket PayPal purchase succeeds but is not recorded in WordPress

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    burlingtonbytes
    Participant

Hello,

We recently set up Event Tickets and Event Tickets Plus to start selling paid tickets for events. However, after performing the required PayPal setup, including setting a proper IPN URL, we have been unable to get ticket purchases to be recorded. The PayPal transaction runs fine, and the money is transferred, and PayPal records sending an IPN to the site. The ticket is never created and of course the user is not notified.

Trying to purchase the ticket again with the same PayPal account yields the following PayPal error: “This invoice has already been paid. For more information, please contact the merchant.”

It is worth noting that our ticket test was set up on a recurring event. However, an unpaid “RSVP” worked fine, so it seems like the issue is with the IPN handler or something isn’t 100% correct in our PayPal setup.

We disabled the tickets added to this event because we couldn’t get payments to reliably work.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for getting in touch with us and for sending over your system information.

Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

First, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

If no debug messages are logged, then this could be a conflict with your theme, another plugin or even some custom code. To make sure we are not dealing with a conflict, please go through the steps outlined in our Testing for Conflicts guide and see if you can reproduce the same issue under default conditions.

Also, have you tried resending any of your IPN messages from your PayPal account? You can try this by navigating to your Instant Payment Notification (IPN) history when logged into your PayPal account.

Let me know how that goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

burlingtonbytes
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There,

Thanks for your patience while I run the tests.

Unfortunately, I can confirm this is a bug in Event Tickets. I was able to reproduce the same issue on my end.

I have logged a bug report for this so it can be addressed in one of our next maintenance releases of our plugins.

I will set this thread’s status to “Pending Fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

In the meantime, the workaround is to downgrade Event Tickets to version 4.7.2 where this issue is not happening. We have a guide on how to downgrade a plugin to a previous version > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Best,
    Victor

burlingtonbytes
    Participant

Hi Victor,

I appreciate you looking into the issue. Let me know once the updated version is out and we’ll test if it fixes the issue. Thanks for the guidance on downgrading, we may give that a shot in the meantime.

Do you have a timeframe for when the patch will be released? This will inform our decision of whether we should downgrade or wait for it to be fixed.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hey there,

Thanks for following up with this.

We can’t commit for a date yet as it’s the developers hands now. However, I can confirm we are actively investigating this on our end already.

Rest assured we will let you know once we ship a fix for this.

Best,
    Victor

burlingtonbytes
    Participant

Who are the developers? Can we help?

Victor
    Keymaster

As of this moment, I can see one of our developers is having a look at the issue, but nothing confirmed on his side yet. If you make any findings that may help us find a fix for it, we’d be happy to know about it.

If you have a fix or code to submit, you can do so as the Event Tickets repository is open > https://github.com/moderntribe/event-tickets

We appreciate your help with this.

Best,
    Victor

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

If you have missing orders for some of your previous ticket payments, then you can generate them by re-sending the PayPal IPN notifications. To do this, navigate to your IPN notification history (Profile and Settings > My selling tools > Instant Payment Notification > IPN History Page).

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Ticket PayPal purchase succeeds but is not recorded in WordPress’ is closed to new replies.