Event Ticket Confirmation Email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event Ticket Confirmation Email

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven Hargrove
    Participant

We used to receive confirmation emails when someone registered for an event, but after an update we seem to have lost that feature. Is there a setting I am missing that will send us a notification when someone has RSVPed for an event?

Geoff B.

Good evening Steven and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the notifications no longer working as expected.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Secondly, if you have not already done so, you can have the system send tickets from any chosen email address by simply installing, configuring and testing the following plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-wp-smtp/

Please make sure you configure and test the settings using the plugin’s built-in tool.

Using a real SMTP server with authentication will bypass the built-in WP mail functionality altogether.

Doing so typically solves any notifications issues.

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

Steven Hargrove
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Steven,

Thank you for adding the system info.
    Alas, it looks like it’s incomplete for some reason.

Mostly, there is no info being shared about the plugins installed and their version.
    Perhaps it would be best if you simply copy-pasted the system info from  the same page you activated the system information sharing info (via a private reply) could work ?

In any case, my previous recommendation still stands about the SMTP plugin.

The second thing that might be going on is that you had the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/4f06f95dbff364242cf54a3b5271b182#file-functions-php

But first to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Steven Hargrove
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Ticket Confirmation Email’ is closed to new replies.