Event ticket attendee information

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event ticket attendee information

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bob
    Participant

Hi

We’re putting together a site for a business that stages multiple events through the year. The events allow car clubs to attend shows through the year. Attendance will be via Event Tickets and we data capture the club details and each of the cars attending using the ‘attendee information’ text fields.

The problem is that a given club may attend multiple events through the year – is it possible that they only have to enter the fields once? I know not feasible at the moment but could a work around be produced bespoke?

Many thanks

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Michael and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

The problem is that a given club may attend multiple events through the year – is it possible that they only have to enter the fields once? I know not feasible at the moment but could a work around be produced bespoke?

The answer is that it is feasible, but it will require some customization / coding on your end.

I believe the process should be as follow:

1. When a club submits their ticket, the attendee information should be stored in additional profile fields (ie: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-add-additional-user-profile-fields-in-wordpress-registration/)
    2. Whenever a logged-in club returns to purchase another ticket, there should be a query to see if there are any values in those additional fields and pre-populate the attendee information section

As a starting point, you might want to take a look at the following template override which does something similar with RSVP tickets: https://gist.github.com/niconerd/b31d7d436a35e15a1f0c151f9a0bc7bb

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

If coding is not really your thing, you could hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

bob
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Many thanks for the reply.

Will review and digest – given the timings though it may be better to go straight to a customizer? Do you have a contact or would it be through yourselves?

Thanks

michael ruddy
    creative director
    tel: 01484 689 400

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Pigs & Bees Creative Marketing Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error.

Do you really need to print this email?

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

Thank you for your reply.

We do not tackle customization work ourselves, but check this out: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/find-a-customizer/

Have a good weekend,

Geoff B.

bob
    Participant

Thanks Geoff – appreciated

Geoff B.

Good evening Michael,

You are most welcome.

Is there anything else I can help you with on this topic ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event ticket attendee information’ is closed to new replies.