Event Tags Still Not Separated From Blog Tags

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Tags Still Not Separated From Blog Tags

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kary
    Participant

Sorry I can’t respond to the original topic because it has been closed. But I received an email today that the issue I had originally asked about in this post had been fixed in the most recent update.

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/keeping-event-tags-separate-from-post-tags/#post-1136802

I updated The Events Calendar and removed the code mentioned in that post from my functions file. When I do this, the tags appear in my blog. They don’t remain separate as I had originally asked about.

Is there something one must do to separate them? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again Kary,

I checked our previous conversation, I would like to ask some questions to get a totally clear view, so I can help you with this issue.

Are you talking about the snippet that removes the tags from the tag cloud?

In the update notes, are you referring to this:

Fix – Only add the events custom post type to the tag archive queries and not custom queries with tags

This basically means that when someone is looking at your archives based on a tag (old posts and events) then your events will be included. Otherwise not. This fix doesn’t influence the tag cloud in any way.

What is the outcome that you would like to achieve?

Thanks for clarifying these for me. Looking forward to your answer.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Tags Still Not Separated From Blog Tags’ is closed to new replies.