event start time in confirmation email

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus event start time in confirmation email

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Participant

Hello. We have a single event with 3-ticket options: VIP, GA, and Wine Dinner. Each of these ticket options provides for different event start times. Currently, when the ticket confirmation is sent the start time specified in the main event settings is included. Ideally, the confirmation would include the actual start time for each of these ticket types. If that is not possible or requires advanced customization, and alternative solution that could work for us would be removing the Event Start time in the confirmation email all together. Any guidance here would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Josh

Geoff B.

Good evening Josh and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

Just to set expectations, as you might know, the scope of our support is mostly to get our wonderful customers started on the right track to customize their site and to help them in case of issues. We unfortunately do not provide complete support for customization.

With that in mind, you might want to read our Themer’s guide (if you haven’t already) to get a sense of how customizations work.

With customization (not that complex), you could:

• Remove the start time from the email (the file responsible for this is found at /event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Email.php) – probably by adding a filter in the functions.php of your WordPress theme. I don’t know if you want that filter to be active for ALL tickets of ALL events though (which would mean you need a conditional “IF” in your filter)
    • Add the start time of each of these tickets by once again using a filter. The same advice for the conditional might apply here.

If that is a bit outside of your confort zone, you might want to hire one of our recommended customizers to do the customization for you.

Let me know if that helps to get you started.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Josh
    Participant

Geoff,

thanks for the reply. I checked the Themer’s guide and found this reference to the location of the relevant file:

tickets/email.php – Template for the email the customers get when they purchase tickets for an event. This email is the actual ticket people will use at the door of your event.

Under the Events Ticket Plus heading I didn’t see a reference to this file:
    /event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Email.php

I have been able to locate the Email.php file in the Woocommerce folder, but am unable to identify the code pertaining to the event time. Could you provide a direct reference to the code line? or am I missing something obvious?

thanks
    JM

Geoff B.

Hey Josh,

Good work on reading the themer’s guide and finding the files.

I will be happy to help you dig a little deeper to get started on your changes.
    But first, let me start by saying I might have sent you on the wrong path, I do apologize for that.

The way the Events Tickets Plus is built is that it does have it’s own files such as /event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Email.php

However, it also extends the code found in the Events Tickets. I do believe this is where you will find most of the relevant code to tweak (through the use of some filters in functions.php).

For example, I would recommend browsing through:

• /event-tickets/common/src/functions/template-tags/date.php
    • /event-tickets/src/template-tags/tickets.php
    • /event-tickets/src/Tribe/ all the tickets objects
    • /event-tickets/src/views/tickets/email.php (where the actual content of the email is generated

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘event start time in confirmation email’ is closed to new replies.