Event series.. only 2 events showing

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event series.. only 2 events showing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    edwinflores
    Participant

I have had this problem 2 times now.. when i create a serie of events, and i edit some text or pictures in the event after the first date of the event (the main event) is in the past.. then the serie is acting really strange..one time all the events are completely gone.. and now i have one where only to are visible..
    see screenshots.. (the brown event)

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

I’m sorry to hear you are having issues with your recurring events. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

First, could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

I was not able to reproduce an issue like you are saying, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG ? This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Thanks,
    Victor

edwinflores
    Participant

This reply is private.

edwinflores
    Participant

hello.. there is no debug file when i try to reproduce the error..
    i can give you the wordpress login if you want..

when i choose “edit all” (see screenshot) and i save the event with all the dates, sometimes there are more, sometimes there are less dates visible… .. everytime i save the event the number of dates changes.. but in the admin the dates are still visible..

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for coming back with your system information.

I don’t see anything that would indicate an error and you are using latest versions of our plugins.

From the screenshot you sent, I can see you have many “Once” instances, could you please let me know how many of this instances does the event have?

When editing the event, could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page? We have an article that explains how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/

Additionally, I see you have tried the following:

• Deactivated all other plugins? Yes
    • Switched to a default theme? Yes

Did you happen to notice a difference when deactivating all other plugins or switching to a default WordPress theme, like Twenty Seventeen? What happens if you try deactivating all plugins and switching to the Twenty Seventeen theme together? Do you notice a difference then?

If you see no difference in those conditions, then we’ll need to do some deeper troubleshooting.

Thanks,
    Victor

edwinflores
    Participant

there are 9 “Once” instances for this event (only 4 visible)
    i also had this problem in the past with other events..

there is 1 console error, when i open the event in admin:

Uncaught TypeError: a.widget is not a function
    at iris.min.js?ver=4.9.6:4
    at iris.min.js?ver=4.9.6:4

i disabled all the plugins and changed the theme, but the problem is still there..

Victor
    Keymaster

Thanks for testing that out.

Just to confirm, when looking at the events list in the backend (yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events) are the events missing from that list too or just from the frontend of your site?

Also, when having your site under default conditions (all other plugins deactivated and using a default theme), could you please create a new recurring event from scratch using the same recurring options as the problematic event? Do you get the same result?

I suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out without disrupting the live site.

Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,
    Victor

edwinflores
    Participant

yes all the event dats at yoursite.com/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=tribe_events are visible…
    just like in the screenshot i send to you.. creating an event with al the plugins disabled and the 2017 theme activitaed didnt help… i only see 2 of 9 events at the frontend..

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

edwinflores
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

edwinflores
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

edwinflores
    Participant

hello,

i saw there was an update for your plugin..
    is this bug fixed now?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for following up with this.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to address this issue yet. I’ve just checked the report and it’s in the developers hand now.

Rest assured we’ll let you know as soon as a fix is ready for you to try.

Thanks for your patience.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Event series.. only 2 events showing’ is closed to new replies.