Event Series "Once" option displaying as "an unspecified date" on front-end

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Series "Once" option displaying as "an unspecified date" on front-end

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kevin
    Participant

Hello,

We’re experiencing the same issue as Ross, where when adding a new “Event Series” entry as “Once”, the front-end display is incorrect. It shows as “One event on an unspecified date at {time}.”

Additional things to note:

• Only persistent with “Once” entries.
    • When the General setting “Datepicker Date Format” has been changed from the default (YYYY-MM-DD), and the recurrence date is entered and the post is updated, the display of the date reverts to the default (see first screenshot of issue referenced below). The issue still persists even with the setting reverted to default.
    • We attempted the resolution suggested by Geoff B. and didn’t see a difference.
    • Legacy events don’t have this display issue unless updated after a recent plugin update.

Please reach out with any updates/additional questions at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/recurring-events-not-showing-up-for-a-single-month-october-2/

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for reaching out! I am really sorry about this issue.

I’m mostly sure it is related to a known bug, so could you please share with us your system info by following this guide > <u>https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/</u&gt;

This way we can see your settings and check if it is related.

Thanks!

Victor

Kevin
    Participant

Thanks, Victor. I’ve configured our plugin install so that our system information is shared with your team. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin!

Thanks for sharing the system info.

Unfortunately, this is a known bug caused by the Date Picker Format setting. I have linked this thread to the bug report and the team will let you know as soon as a bug fix is released in a future version.

In the meantime, the only workaround we have so far is setting the Date Picker Format to the default 2017-01-15. This is done in Events > Settings > Display and under Date Format Settings you will find the Datepicker Date Format dropdown.

Just to confirm there is nothing else involved in your issue, could you please try changing that setting to the default and letting me know if it solves your issue?

Thanks!

Victor

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 26th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-26th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Series "Once" option displaying as "an unspecified date" on front-end’ is closed to new replies.