Event Preview Image Displays at 225%, tribe-events-full.min.css displays 100%

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Preview Image Displays at 225%, tribe-events-full.min.css displays 100%

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    devdept
    Participant

I’m having an issue with the Events Calendar Pro plugin displaying the event image preview at 225%. The inspector shows the image is set to display at 225%, however when I look at the tribe-events-full.min.css file it references it shows 100%. I’ve looked through and can’t find anything that would override the tribe-events-full.min.css file.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for reaching out! I just took a look at your site, and it appears the images are showing correctly now. Were you able to get this resolved? If not, could you please send me a link to a page where the image is being displayed at 225%? I’d also recommend adjusting the “Default stylesheet used for events templates” and “Events template” settings under Events > Settings > Display. These control how much the events pages inherit styling from the theme and could influence the size of the featured image.

Let me know if you still need assistance with this or if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

devdept
    Participant

https://www.shallowford.org/events/

This is the page I’m having issues with. I’ve tried changing the default stylesheet in the plugin’s options, but I’m still having this issue. The inspect tool and the sftp server are showing different information (website shows 225%, plugin files show 100% img size), and I can’t find any css in the theme that is conflicting with it. Any ideas?

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-preview-image-displays-at-225-tribe-events-full-min-css-displays-100/#post-1378575

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for following up! Here’s what I am seeing in the inspector…I also looked through our plugin files but don’t see anything that would set the image to 225%. Just to make sure we’re on the same page, could you please send me a screenshot showing exactly what you’re referring to?

devdept
    Participant

This appears to be an issue on my end. You’re looking at the correct page, and that is how it should display. This is what I see after clearning all of my browser data:

Mathew
    Participant

Nick,

Jennifer is correct. There’s nothing out-of-the-box in the plugin that would set this to 225%. However it looks like the default CSS files have been modified.

https://www.shallowford.org/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/resources/css/tribe-events-full.min.css

This file should be minified, but it’s not. It contains the CSS causing the issue (line 627).

You could rename this file through FTP and upload the one that comes within the TEC plugin to that location.

Hope this helps.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for sharing that screenshot! I was testing on a Mac (Safari and Chrome), but I just checked on Windows and am seeing the larger images on IE, Chrome, and Firefox. Can you tell me what browser you’re using and if you see the same thing by switching to a different browser?

Regarding Mathew’s suggestion, you could also try reinstalling The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro by following these instructions, which will make sure that all plugin files are the originals.

Let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jennifer

devdept
    Participant

Hey Jennifer,

I uninstalled/reinstalled the plugin and I’m still seeing it at 225%. It’s also causing a LOT of server errors. Any other suggestions? I’ve gone through all of our stylesheets to see if this is defined anywhere, and I’ve even had my host purge our network cache just in case.

devdept
    Participant

Nevermind! I finally got it to overwrite in my custom CSS options. All is good!

Edit: Nevermind the nevermind, its still displaying incorrectly in Safari and Firefox.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by devdept.
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

I’m having my team take a look at this one since I’m having a hard time recreating it in any of my  browsers. I’ll let you know what they say here shortly! Hopefully we can recommend some CSS to get those images sized correctly for you!

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this! I checked with the team, and we still have not been able to recreate this again after testing across multiple browsers. Were you able to get this resolved?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Preview Image Displays at 225%, tribe-events-full.min.css displays 100%’ is closed to new replies.