Event Plugin Questions

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Event Plugin Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Victoria

We are starting a site similar to Airbnb for Tiny Houses. We are wanting to list events in the area of each of our rentals. Is this possible with the plugin and how would that be done? My thinking is it would pull a GPS coordinate from the rental and have a widget in the sidebar or below the rental listing all events in the area. I have not done enough research on your plugin to confirm if it can be done but that is what I am hoping for. And how can/would the events be listed? I see the aggregator which is great but can they also be added manually by admin or by the owner of the rental since they probably know events in their area best.

Thanks for your help.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Victoria,

Thanks for checking out our plugins – this sounds like a really neat way to use them!

Using our free plugin The Events Calendar, users can create events on the backend of the site, just like you would for other post types. We also have an add-on called Community Events which lets users create and manage events from the front end of the site, without needing admin access at all.

Event Aggregator is a service that allows you to perform manual or scheduled imports from sites like Facebook, Meetup, Google calendars, and others, and it actually requires The Events Calendar to run. So, you would still have the option to create events from the backend.

There is not currently a widget that would automatically pull GPS info from a page and display events for that area, but as an alternative, you could use the [tribe_events] shortcode that comes with Events Calendar Pro. Although there is not currently a “location” parameter for this shortcode, you could use categories for different locations and display them with [tribe_events category=“denver”].

We do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so if you’d like to test anything out, feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Plugin Questions’ is closed to new replies.