Event pages load very slowly when the Pro calendar plugin is activated

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event pages load very slowly when the Pro calendar plugin is activated

• This topic has 31 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Nathan Belknap.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Belknap
    Participant

I have a client that is having me investigate a slow site issue and my investigation has pointed to the events calendar pro plugin. It’s the only plugin who’s deactivation lets the events pages load in a reasonable amount of time.

I’m unable to update the events calendar plugins on their main site because it’s live and the last time they did that they lost a ton of events and had to recreate them. So I was going to try to update it on a staging site we have setup for them but I don’t have an extra pro license to install in order to let me update the plugin to the latest version, I could potentially deactivate it on the live site and switch it to the staging site but that may not work for the client if there are any reasons to fear potential data loss due to said license moving temporarily to the different domain.

I’ve already ran Query Monitor to check how long the queries are as I saw it was suggested in another post. When the pro calendar plugin is activated there are four select statements that exactly match word for word the select statement on the test where the pro plugin was activated. Even though the select statements match exactly, the test with the plugin deactivated takes 0.2061 seconds to load the first query and 17.1148 to load it on the test I ran where the events calendar pro plugin was activated. I will reply with a private response with the actual select statement itself. The same occurs for the three other get_posts queries.

Two things. First, what can I do to get this resolved? Do I need to not use the pro addon until you get the performance updates released? Is there any cleaning of the database that will help?

Secondly, if I was to deactivate the pro plugin would that cause any data loss? Similarly if I was to move the license over to the staging domain temporarily so I can see if the existing updates resolve this do I have any reason to think there would be data loss in that situation as well?

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again,

So the fact that you’re getting an error about the page not existing when it’s just our plugins and Twenty-Seventeen is a huge red flag. Everything should be operational when you do this for sure. Could you go back to that state and reset your permalinks and tell me if everything works after that please? 🙂

Let me know if you need any help with that!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

So I updated the plugins to the newest versions again and set my theme back to 2017 and the event pages load now. I hadn’t reset my permalinks yet so I’m not sure what caused that issue but as of right now I’m using just the event calendar plugins and the 2017 theme and the individual event still takes a long time to load.

Shelby
    Participant

Hey again Nathan,

Thanks for the updates here. 🙂

Can you please let me know who you host with and the specifics of your hosting package? I think this may be host-related because the Twenty-Seventeen theme with up to date plugins should run relatively quickly.

Also, how many events do you currently have on your site?

Thanks!

Shelby 🙂

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Nathan Belknap
    Participant

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • The topic ‘Event pages load very slowly when the Pro calendar plugin is activated’ is closed to new replies.