Event pages are exceeding execution time when updating

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event pages are exceeding execution time when updating

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    James Kendall
    Participant

Hello,

Since updating my Events Calendar PRO and Events Tickets Plus plug-ins last week (I also updated WooCommerce) I have experienced the following problem…

Whenever I try to update an Event page on the back end of my website I get an error message which telles me that I have exceeded the execution time of 30 seconds. Please see the attached screenshot.

I contacted my website host (Hostgator) and they have altered the execution tie to 600. Currently though this has had no effect and I still get the error message as if it was set at 30 seconds.

As it stands I cannot update any of my Event pages. This issue is only happening on Event pages and not on the usual content pages of my website which are updating fine. So I assume the problem lies with the Events plug-in somewhere.

Please can someone help.

James

Hi James,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

The best/simplest way to solve this timeout issue is by increasing the max_execution_time in php.ini (the default value is 30 seconds):

max_execution_time = 60

If increasing the max_execution_time to 1 minute is still not enough, you can adjust/increase it more to ensure that the server will have time to process your requests before it hangs.

It seems as if you have already contacted your host to do this, however I am not seeing the change reflected in your system information.  Would you mind resending your system information in a private reply or checking with your host provider if the change has taken effect?

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event pages are exceeding execution time when updating’ is closed to new replies.