Event organizers not imported anymore

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event organizers not imported anymore

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Dear Modern Tribe,

we make heavy use of the Aggregator plugin to import ICS files via http.

Now the import of the organizers of the events has stopped.

I have just set up a fresh WordPress install with Events Calendar plugin in the newest version as the only plugin and tried to import the stream http://seminar-eins5.de/data/EATH/EAD.ics – also that fresh install gave me no organizers.

Please let me know if you have any ideas what is happening there.

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hallo Matthias

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry about this issue with the import. I’d be happy to try to help you.

This is an issue which we are aware of, it has been reported before. We have a bugticket on file, I will add your thread to it and will increase its priority, so our developers can take a look at it.

As a workaround I can suggest to download the ics file and import it like that. Though this is not automatic, the venues will get imported this way.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we will be happy to help out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Hallo Andras,

thanks for your reply. This renders the Event Aggregator useless for us at the moment. Can you give me any insight if this is a matter of days or weeks?

How will I find out when a fix is available? Is there a public ticket or something? I cannot find the problem with the known issues on this site. I imagine that this is an issue that will be fixed on the Aggregator servers – so presumably I will not have to do any updates?

Thanks for your help!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Matthias,

I talked with the EA team, they will have their weekly meeting later this week where it will be brought up. I will be able to tell you more after that happens. Hang in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Matthias,

Just wanted to give you an update on this.

The issue received high priority and a developer has been assigned to it. So if all goes according to plan a fix for this will be published in the next maintenance release. Hang in there, we’re working on this.

Cheers,
    Andras

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

I’ve been waiting for another two weeks now – as far as I can tell the organizers are still not being imported. Can you give me an update on this issue pls?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Matthias,

Thanks for pinging me. I checked the status of the ticket for you.

A developer has already started working on a fix for this issue and it also needs some work outside the plugin code.

Are the organizers not imported at all?

I have checked my test import of your feed and it looks like the organizer “Evangelische Akademie Thüringen” was imported, but it was not connected to the events.

Can you check if that’s the same for you?

Thanks,
    Andras

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

I cannot confirm that – just tested it and didn’t get any organizers.

Most important for me is the the connection between organizers and events. Do you have any news on that? This has been over a month now – am I the only one using this?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Matthias

Thanks for getting back to me on that!

You are certainly not the only one using this and having this issue.

The bug is on high priority and as said a developer is already assigned to the case. Once a fix has been developed it needs to go through thorough testing to make sure that 1) it does indeed provide a fix for the issue; 2) we don’t introduce new bugs.

Please hang in there, we are working on getting this resolved as fast as we can. Once a fix is released you will definitely receive a notification here in the forums.

I apologize for the inconvenience this is causing you and thanks for your continued patience!

Andras

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Hi there!

Has the status of this matter changed in any way?

Thanks!

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately no change yet. I just pinged the manager to bring it to his attention and ask for a possible timeframe of the fix. I’ll let you know as soon as I get an answer.

Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Matthias,

Thank you for your patience so far!

A developer did a fix for this issue which is now going through testing. (First test passed.)

If all goes according to plan the fix will ship with the upcoming Maintenance Release early December.

Cheers,
    Andras

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Hello Andras

Thanks, I’m really looking forward to having this work again.

If the fix arrives in early December the Event Aggregator was useless to me for about two months. Can you offer me any compensation?

Cheers!

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • The topic ‘Event organizers not imported anymore’ is closed to new replies.