Event not being recognized as a recurring event

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event not being recognized as a recurring event

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

It appears that the last update may have changed how a recurring event is displayed and i’m wondering if it needs to be called in a different way now?

I have the following piece of code in my meta/details.php file ~ line 100:

//is recurring 
    		elseif ( tribe_is_recurring_event() ) :
    			?>

<dt> <?php esc_html_e( 'Starts:', 'the-events-calendar' ) ?> </dt>
    			<dd>
    				<abbr class="tribe-events-abbr updated published dtstart" title="<?php esc_attr_e( $start_ts ) ?>"> <?php esc_html_e( $start_date ) ?> </abbr>
    			</dd>

<dt> <?php esc_html_e( 'Ends:', 'the-events-calendar' ) ?> </dt>
    			<dd>
    					<abbr class="tribe-events-abbr dtend" title="<?php esc_attr_e( date('F j, Y', $end_ts) ) ?>"> <?php esc_html_e( date('F j, Y', $end_ts)); ?> </abbr>
    			</dd>

<dt> <?php esc_html_e( 'Meets:', 'the-events-calendar' ) ?> </dt>
    			<dd>
    				Every <?php echo date('l', $end_ts) ;?> <abbr class="tribe-events-abbr dtmeets" title="<?php esc_attr_e( $start_time ) ?>">@ <?php esc_html_e( $start_time ) ?> </abbr>
    			</dd>

It that the IF statement is not registering as true even though the same function works in my single-event.php?

Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

A bit more testing revealed that the event is being considered a recurring event when the tribe_is_recurring_event() function is called in my single-event.php and a multiday event when the tribe_is_recurring_event() function is called in my meta/details.php.

What could be causing this?

Thanks!

Nico

Hi @bkozlowski,

Glad to be helping you with this issue as well!

I’m not sure about the code above, is that a custom code you’ve put together? Because I’m not seeing the same in the latest version (4.0.5) of the meta/details.php file.

It would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check which versions of our plugins you are running.

Please let me know about it,
    Thanks,
    Nico

Brent Kozlowski
    Participant

Hi Nico,

It’s a custom piece of code that worked with previous versions of the plugin. After playing with it a bit it appears to work only if I add it before the multi-day statement.

<?php
    // Multiday events
    elseif ( tribe_event_is_multiday() ) :
    ?>

Hopefully someone will find this snippet useful if they need to display custom information on the details page for recurring events. Feel free to use it in future updates if you like.

Nico

Hey @bkozlowski,

Stocked to hear you could sort this out, and thanks for sharing the solution here! It’s always nice to see how folks collaborate in the forums and I’m sure some other users will benefit from this information 🙂

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if you need help with anything else please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event not being recognized as a recurring event’ is closed to new replies.