Event list not displaying all events, setting are correct

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event list not displaying all events, setting are correct

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Micha McLain
    Participant

I have a client’s instance of event cal pro. On this site, there are currently 3 listings that have expired, and another 12 in the future that are published. On the event page, in list view, it only is showing 5 events. However, the setting for this is currently at 15, so all 12 should be displaying. Then, depending on which of the following two actions you take, you may see or not see them in the list.

1) from the default list view only seeing 5 items (event though it should be 15), if you click “next events” link, you get to a blank page with the error message “There were no results found.”.

2) However, if on this default list, you click the button to view previous events (3 in this case), then click next events again, then you get a screen in which all 12 published events show up, as per the setting of max 15.

Please review and let me know what to test. I will share the URL and credentials as needed separately.

Best,
    Micha

Micha McLain
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Micha,

Thanks for reaching out again here!

What version of The Events Calendar are you using? I’m not seeing it in your plugin list in your System Information?

Also, can you update Events Calendar PRO to the most recent version and see if that helps?

Additionally, as I mentioned in your other thread, I’d recommend going through our testing for conflicts procedure.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

This reply is private.

Micha McLain
    Participant

I just replied with all of that system info. Please review and let me know. This is a very large site and turning off plugins and themes is not an easy thing to do here. I want to identify the issue specifically and not just “turn everything off”. Please advise.

Micha

Hi Micha,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

The reason why I ask to turn off all other plugins/switch to a default theme is so that we can see if the plugin exists without any other factors.  It’s difficult to determine the cause of the issue from the onset, as everyone has a unique setup.

Another option would be for you to install the third-party plugin, Health Check, which can mimic a bare WordPress install while your site visitors still see your site the way that it normally appears.

I would also recommend updating our plugins to their most recent versions.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jaime,

Like I’ve said in the other tickets, and like what you should see with the included support snapshot, these are the most recent versions.

That said, I did use the plugin you suggested and was able to turn on all plugins without failure, but when I turned on the theme, I got the failure. the theme is Divi (which I hate but am forced to use here).

Do you have any insight into what specifically in the theme could be causing this to happen?

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jaime,

I found the culprit causing the issue, but need help fixing. So, after the last post, I went into the Divi settings because I remembered a post type limit setting. My theory is that somehow the setting is controlling all post types. So, I changed the setting “Number of Posts displayed on Archive pages”. Whatever number that shows, is how many events show in the events calendar slug. Similarly, the category will control the event category, etc.

This means that somehow this setting is effecting all post types, not just blogs.

What do I need to do here?

Micha

Hi Micha,

The following extension should be able to help you with this issue:

https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/elegant-themes-divi-theme-compatibility/

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Micha McLain
    Participant

Jaime,

this works. Please request that this get added to the core. when it does, you should notify us so those that have used this will remove this plugin.

I’m marking this closed. Thanks.

Micha

Glad we could help, you are welcome back in our support forums any time!

Since you marked this thread as Resolved, I am going to close this thread.

Have a great week!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Event list not displaying all events, setting are correct’ is closed to new replies.