Event List display shows "Venue" twice

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event List display shows "Venue" twice

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Yazmin

On the Calendar of Events > Event List display, there is a column on the right that lists, Start, End, Venue, Phone,and Address for each of the events. In every listing, the location is displayed twice under “Venue.” It’s only listed once in the calendar view. Is there a way we can fix this? Here’s our link

Yazmin
    Rob

Hey Yazmin. Interesting issue; I’m seeing this on my end too, though I’m not sure why it’d be happening and haven’t received reports of this previously. Let me see if our dev Jonah can identify what’s up when he hits the forums today. Stay tuned.

Rob

Hey Yazmin. Interesting issue; I’m seeing this on my end too, though I’m not sure why it’d be happening and haven’t received reports of this previously. Let me see if our dev Jonah can identify what’s up when he hits the forums today. Stay tuned.

Dmytro
    Participant

Hello. I have the same problem. When I used onle The events calendar everything was fine. After installing Events calendar PRO i got problem with double venues.

Jonah
    Participant

Strange, I’m not seeing this issue on my end using an unmodified version of the list.php template. Have any of you made changes to list.php? Is the case for all events or venues or are there some events or venues that do not duplicate? It might help to take a closer look. Yazmin, can you email WP Admin access to jonah [at] tri [dot] be?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Dmytro
    Participant

no, no changes to list.php. in html we have that problem place looks like this:
    Venue:

Салон меблів Black Red White

Салон меблів Black Red White

Dmytro
    Participant

oops, not displayed.

Rob

Were you trying to share code there, Dmytro? If so please use pastie.org or a similar service for now, then drop the link in. Apologies for the inconvenience there!

Dmytro
    Participant

something like that)
    ok. If in this part of list.php – http://pastie.org/3542684 – we cut 6 and 7 lines venue will be displayed once, not twice.
    But I’m not sure if it’s good and right way to solve this issue.

Rob

Alright, thanks for confirming. Let me see if Jonah can make any observations based on this.

Jonah
    Participant

Yazmin/Dmytro, I’ve got the same code in my setup and I’m not seeing duplicate venues. Can you both try deactivating all other plugins and/or reverting to the TwentyEleven theme to rule out possible conflicts?

Dmytro
    Participant

well, I’ve deactivated all plugins except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO and reverted to the Twenty Eleven. But location are still displayed twice at venue field.

Rob

Hey Dmytro. Interesting; since we’re unable to recreate this with the same code on our end it does sound like something else is up. Are you running the latest version of both The Events Calendar and Events Calendar PRO? That would mean 2 plugins running 2.0.4. If so please send us a link to where we can view this (or even just a screenshot) on the default 2011 install you mention in your last message. We’ll do what we can to help you troubleshoot.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Yazmin, I just logged into your site and see that you’re running version 2.0.2 of the base plugin and 2.0.1 of the PRO plugin. Before we go any further can you please update both of these because there are many bug fixes which may likely resolve these issues. Please follow the standard upgrade procedure by backing up your site fully beforehand and then run the upgrade.

Let me know if this resolves the issue or if it’s still a problem and I’ll take another look.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘Event List display shows "Venue" twice’ is closed to new replies.