Event Image not showing when creating event via community event form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event Image not showing when creating event via community event form

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    colin
    Participant

When creating/adding an event via the community event form the event image is not being stored and set as a featured image.

Functionality works when adding via the admin back end. I have tried the form as both an admin user and (anon) user not logged in and still have the same issue.

my theme has thumbnail support and all other data loads correctly via the form.

Various other users have reported the same issue. I do not think it is fair to leave down to plugin conflict **

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/where-does-the-uploaded-image-go/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/images-submitted-via-community-events-not-showing-up/

also please if you could point me to the file / functions that handle the image process I can then try to debug it, if you have no further ideas

Many Thanks

Josh
    Participant

Hey Colin,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Similar to the other posts, I’ve tested this out on my local install and the upload is saving as expected.

I understand the hesitation with the Testing for Conflicts procedures. However, we do not use that as a blanket “It’s a conflict with a plugin, we can’t do anything about that.” Many times, if we know what plugin is conflicting we can determine exactly what is happening and going wrong. At this point we can:

1. Review our code to see if there is something organized in a way that goes against WordPress coding standards.
    2. Potentially reach out to the developer, depending on the plugin, to see if we can find a way to get the plugins working together.
    3. Unfortunately there are times where there is absolutely nothing we can do on our side to be compatible with some plugins. At this point we can help you find a plugin with similar functionality that plays nice with our plugins.

With the nature of WordPress ecosystem, it is inevitable that users will experience difficulties with themes and plugins at some point. This is why the Testing for Conflicts procedures has to be our first step when diagnosing “bugs” from users that we’re unable to replicate.

For reference, you can find the code for the front-end in the tribe-community-events > tribe-community-events.php file within the Community Events plugin. The function to look for will be the “insert-attachment” function.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Image not showing when creating event via community event form’ is closed to new replies.