Event grabbing wrong Featured Event Image

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event grabbing wrong Featured Event Image

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

*Newbie Alert*

http://www.livehannahshope.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=2292&action=edit

Hopefully when you open this page you’ll see that my ‘featured image’ is ‘questions?’. If I were to post this url to FB, a completely different featured image would appear. It was an image I had in a current multiple event. How did it reach over and get it? I even removed the wrong picture from the other event (even though it’s the right image for that event) and it’s still showing up when I post it to FB. I can post with a URL or with my website’s FB widget and it still drags the wrong image along. No, I don’t have that image anywhere active or inactive in any of my events. Help! It’s driving me batty. I looked in ‘text’ view to see if it was specified there, nope. I double checked all my settings in each of the events to make sure they were correct.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Laura. Reason: Added information
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Josh.
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Laura,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I am unable to access the link you’ve provided since it’s a link to your WordPress admin. However, it sounds like there may be a social media plugin (or a plugin that social media settings such as an SEO or marketing type plugin) that may be causing this issue. There could also be an issue with the theme generating the meta in the header that is assigning these different images to the page.

You can follow out Testing for Conflicts procedures to see if anything comes up as being the culprit here.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Laura
    Participant

Sorry, here is the link http://www.livehannahshope.org/event/introduction-to-the-teen-resiliency-course/

What is so weird is that this particular event actually pulls a picture that isn’t linked anymore to any event.

Laura
    Participant

Hi, the way we fixed it was to delete all the events and start over again fresh. I think it had something to do with adding the pro version when events already existed. I can’t imagine that being the only problem as others would certainly have experienced it as well. However, no matter, all is well. Finally.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Laura,

Thanks for following up here.

Let me know if the issue persists. Looking at the source for the page it appeared that there were several different scripts on the page generating social information.

If the issue turns up again please don’t hesitate to open a new thread.

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event grabbing wrong Featured Event Image’ is closed to new replies.