Event Duplicates Still Happening

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Event Duplicates Still Happening

• This topic has 0 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Joanna.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Joanna
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve had an issue with duplicates for a long time now. There was a long past support thread. I thought it was resolved after the latest update… but for my site anyway, the duplicates issue came back worse than ever after the update.

There are events that are -2, -3, -4, -5 … as in like event-5. Duplicated 5 times.

I reinstalled wp advanced cron and tried that for about a day or two. (I’m going to reactivate it now to try again.) But it didn’t seem to help.
    Images are attached.

Please help with what exactly might resolve this..
    Thank you

Hi Joanna,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’m sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue on your site!

Would you mind providing me with some more information about when duplicates are created?  Does this happen when you create events in the admin or when you import events?

In the meantime, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Joanna,

I’m so sorry about the issues that you have encountered with Facebook imports.  If you decide to delete all of those events and instead import through CSV, everything should work as expected without any damage to your database.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions before getting started!

Thanks,

Jaime

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Joanna,

Duplicate event issues should not occur with other sources, however I cannot make any guarantees, especially without some further testing for conflicts, etc.

As per your request, I will pass this on to Barry.  Please let me know if there’s anything else I can assist you with!

Thanks,

Jaime

Hi Joanna,

I just spoke with Barry and we’d love to do some further investigation into your issue.  Can you provide us with some sample Facebook URLs that are creating duplicate events so that we can do some additional testing on our end?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Joanna
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Joanna,

Thanks for providing me with those links.  We actually currently have a bug logged for Facebook recurring event imports, which is what these events are.  Unfortunately, that is still actively being worked on but a lot of progress has been made and it should be released soon.

In the meantime, are you able to import single events from Facebook?  The URLs that you provided me with link to all of the recurring events, which may be why you are seeing duplicates.

I’m going to add this thread to that bug ticket, so that you will be notified as soon as a fix has been released.

Please let me know if you have any other questions before that happens, and if there’s anything else that we can do to assist you.

Thank you for your patience in this process.

Thanks,

Jaime

Joanna
    Participant

Oh ok, great! It’s fine, I’m happy to know at least. I can def do single events in the mean time. Thank you so much!!

Great, thanks for your understanding!  Let me know if anything else comes up in the meantime!

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Joanna!

Just wanted to share with you that we have shipped a fix for this issue. It’s all on our Event Aggregator server side of things so you don’t need to update any plugins.

As always, please make sure you are using the latest versions of our plugins. Remember you can always download our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/

We apologize for any inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please try your imports again and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Duplicates Still Happening’ is closed to new replies.