event duplicated when recurring on same date

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO event duplicated when recurring on same date

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I’ve added an event that starts Friday Oct. 5 and then repeats every Friday and Saturday in October. To do that I added a single event for the fist Friday, then entered the recurring information under the Enter Series option on the event draft page.

That however ends up showing me the event twice for Friday the 5th, once the single event and then the recurrence. There doesn’t seem to be a way in the event editor to just add a recurring series; it wants an initial single event, hence the duplication.

Here is a link to the event: https://keypennews.com/event/2018-10-20/all/

Thanks.

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you 🙂

First of all, could you please share your System Information?

Also, could you confirm that you created your events series by selecting the following things:

• Weekly
    • Every “1
    • on Friday and Saturday
    • Series end on 2018-10-31

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Thanks Jeremy. I’m set up to share system info automatically, not sure why it wasn’t included. I’ve included it in all my previous tickets.

The problem I had with the duplicate event was caused by a user entering weird recurrences using the community events form. The event had ended up with permalink soup. I tried to repair it all in the WordPress draft event editor but couldn’t. So I just split the extra Friday off of the series and deleted it; presto! problem fixed.

The permalinks still look ugly, but that’s fine.

Thanks!

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Joseph,

I’m glad you managed to solve this issue 🙂

There’s not much to do about the permalinks… You may set up 301 redirects though.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘event duplicated when recurring on same date’ is closed to new replies.