Event Details don't popup when you hover over title in Calendar View

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Details don't popup when you hover over title in Calendar View

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

I am having an issue that was first reported here – https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-details-popup-when-hovering-in-month-view/. I switched to a default theme and the popup displays but I did a comparison of the source code for both pages and I can’t figure out the conflict. Can you tell me what controls the popup displaying.

Cliff

Hi Beth. Could you please provide some links and screenshots of what you’re experiencing and share your System Information.

Also, do you have any custom code?

That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

Thank you.

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks for the details.

I’m uncertain why your tooltips don’t appear when hovering over an event in Month view. I didn’t see any Console errors in Chome on my iMac.

Please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

I determined that the theme seems to have some conflict with the calendar page but I don’t understand what it could be if I look at the list page and scroll over recurring events note the popup displays there but does not display on the month page. What js code activates the popup perhaps my month view is not loading it? Thank you for your assistance

Cliff

Could you please disable all plugins and theme customizations and just have the conflicting theme active and send me the link to take a closer look?

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Thanks. I checked the link and tribe-events-tooltip- isn’t anywhere in the page source except for tribe-events-tooltip-[[=eventId]]

So the tooltips aren’t outputting at all on the page (i.e. it’s not a CSS or JS issue).

Please enable WP_DEBUG and share any PHP errors you see while navigating your site’s wp-admin, home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Let us know what you find. 🙂

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

I turned on the WP_DEBUG I had an message about register_sidebar which I fixed but nothing else. Once I fixed that the problem still exists on the month calendar page.

Cliff

Beth, thanks for checking WP_DEBUG.

One of our developers noticed your theme doesn’t seem to support body_class(), which it should according to WordPress best practices.

I appreciate you wanting to get things working with the theme you’re using, but we cannot provide theme-specific / in-depth customization help, per our Terms.

Our general rule of thumb is that if a theme follows WordPress best practices, it should be compatible with our plugins.

I hope the suggestion to follow WordPress’ best practices helps you and/or your theme author to get things fully working with our plugins.

Beth Bucciferro
    Participant

Cliff,

Thank you for your assistance I did not realize this theme did not have support for body_class(). I added that and it resolved my problem.

Beth

Cliff

Awesome. Great find by our dev!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Details don't popup when you hover over title in Calendar View’ is closed to new replies.