Event Description is required

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event Description is required

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ivan
    Participant

Hi,

Im getting following error trying to submit event via community event. (Event Description is required) Strange thing is that Im getting the error just when Im trying to add the description in Visual editor. The HTML editor is taking the text normally.

I was trying to disable all plugins, but it didnt help. Anyway the only chnage which I was doing in past few months was that I upgrade WP to 4.6, before was working normally.

Also I would like to let you know that there is some malfuncion with the wp-smush plugin which occured also after the update to 4.6, the plugin is disabled now.

Do you have any advice or workarround how to fix it?

Thank you

Andras
    Keymaster

Ahoj Ivan,

Thanks for reaching out! I’m sorry you are having a problem, let me try to help you.

If it was working fine before the update, then there might be an issue with WP 4.6 or WP 4.6 and our plugins working together. I will need to investigate that.

I have tried to recreate the issue you posted: I tried to submit a new community event with Visual Editor and with HTML editor. For me both of them worked fine.

Could you please share your system information with me in a private reply? That might shed some light on this issue.
    Here’s a handy guide how you can do that:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Also, did you try this with switching to a default theme like twentysixteen? Please give that a try and let me know the result.

I’m afraid I am not able to help you with WP-Smush as that plugin is not developed by us, unless it is somehow conflicting with one of our plugins.

Diky,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Description is required’ is closed to new replies.