Event dates display with wrong start and end times due to daylight savings

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Event dates display with wrong start and end times due to daylight savings

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mario
    Participant

Hello!

I realize this may have more to do with The Events Calendar than the ticket aspect of it, but I’m hoping you might be able to help me out as a paid subscriber (i’m only running The Events Calendar to work with WooCommerce Tickets).

It would seem that any event after March 13th, 2016 (daylight savings) is displaying its start and end time one hour earlier. This is misleading for anyone purchasing a ticket now for an event after that date since it lists the wrong times. My assumption is that the start and end times may change to the correct time after March 13th, but this issue remains between now and then. Is it possible to disable the application of Daylight Savings to the event times?

Thank you!

Geoff

Hi Mario! Welcome to the forums and thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

Good question. Daylight savings isn’t accounted for in the sense that it shifts times–because an event that starts atΒ 3pm in DST will also be have a 3pm start time in non-DST. Same goes for tickets as well and when they are sold.

Does that help clarify things a bit? Or is there something else about the way the calendar is displaying events that perhaps isn’t being accounted for?

Thanks!
    Geoff

mario
    Participant

This reply is private.

mario
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Hey Mario, thanks for following up!

Is it possible your theme or another plugin has configured the time settings for your site? The calendar can and will respect global timezone settings based on what is set on the site.

I tried creating my own recurring event that repeats weekly before and after March 13 and they all retained the same start time (screenshot). Perhaps we can test this a little further by having you run through the steps outlined in this article to see if we can spot a conflict. Will you please those a try and let me know if you spot the same issue in default conditions?

Thanks!
    Geoff

mario
    Participant

Sure! I’ll do some digging and get back to you. Thanks!

Geoff

My pleasure! Keep me posted. πŸ™‚

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Event dates display with wrong start and end times due to daylight savings’ is closed to new replies.