Event count down and Cache

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event count down and Cache

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    steph
    Participant

Hi TEC

I’ve had some issues with your calendar on my wordpress site
    I finally figured out that this is caused by the cache.
    The count down will only refresh when cache is cleared and the events page also only refreshes when cache is cleared. Passed events will show even if the day is over.

I understand that we can exclude certain pages from being cached, so this should be pretty easy to not have the events calendar cached, but how do we work around the widget for the countdown to next event, and widget for upcoming events?

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Steph,

Thanks for reaching out, I’m happy to help out here. πŸ™‚

Can you answer a question for me:Β What page(s) are the widgets on, and have you tried excluding those as well?

Could you possibly send the link to your site so I can check this out firsthand, and come up with more specific recommendations? πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

steph
    Participant

Hi Shelby
    I haven’t deactivated the cache yet, because i was hoping that you had some solution for this that didn’t require me to turn off cache for any pages.
    Currently i have the widget on the front page, and of course all instances of the events calendar listing of events on the site.

If the plug in requires to turn off cache for the pages i have the widget on, i wouldn’t be able to put it in the global sidebar of the site. This is, in my opinion, not idea.

You can check the url at http://www.allvirtualracing.com
    I cleared cache a day ago

Shelby
    Participant

Hi again,

So unfortunately, the best solution is to disable the caching on the pages where the shortcode is, or implement a less strict caching protocol. Are you caching with a plugin or is it implemented at the server level?

Let me know!

Cheers,

Shelby πŸ™‚

steph
    Participant

Hi Shelby

I’m using a plug in, but i would expect you’ve had this or similar issues before, and could give some suggestions on a work around? My cache system is calle autoptimize and should be one of the most popular cache plug ins for WP.

That said, i am getting pretty frustrated with the events calendar. it has been a pretty pricy plug in for me (to get the pro version, + agragator/import features, but have spend even more money on developers trying to get my site to and the plug in to work propperly.

To mention a few things i am still having issues with, there are double entries from facebook imports, timezone resets to CEST whenever users update their submited events, no images on google calendar imports

Although i was hoping that this feature would make users want to register and promote the site, it has cause way more frustration to me and even the users who want to submit their events.

I’m planning on closing down the calendar feature and simply dropping the idea of it, even though i’ve spent all this time and money on it, simply because i don’t expect it to ever work propperly (or be able to trust it)

Barry

Hi Steph,

I’m really sorry to hear you’ve been disappointed by our plugins.

To stay focused on the caching issues first of all: it’s possible to mark specific sections of pages that otherwise ought to be cached as “dynamic”. This means that you still have the benefit of caching, but that smaller components of the page that need to stay fresh and up-to-date aren’t caught in the cache.

How this works (or if it is supported) depends on the caching solution you are using – but to give you an idea of how it basically works and what’s involved with popular caching solution W3TC, please view the following article:

http://www.justinsilver.com/technology/wordpress/w3-total-cache-fragment-caching-wordpress

I can’t seem to access your system information so I’m afraid I had to guess at the caching plugin – but, you can probably research this yourself by looking at the knowledgebase/any instructions provided with the actual caching plugin you are using.

On our side, if this means you need to customize some of our templates, you will find our Themer’s Guide to be a valuable resource:

theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide

To mention a few things i am still having issues with, there are double entries from facebook imports, timezone resets to CEST whenever users update their submited events, no images on google calendar imports

I’m really sorry to hear that it has been a source of frustration for you.

I see you’ve created a number of forum topics besides this one — please do continue to post further topics for each individual problem you hit up against and we’ll do our best to assist you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event count down and Cache’ is closed to new replies.