Event Category | URL

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event Category | URL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    worldgolfskills
    Participant

Is it possible to automatically add an event category selected slug that is selected into the permalinks? Typically all that is needed is to add the /%category%/ into the custom structure section of the permalinks, but this does not automate it?

For example, I utilize the calendar for five different events. If I select the category for one event, I would like that to also automate into the URL for the event. This way, if one facility hosts five separate events, the url will be the same except for each unique event slug.

George
    Participant

Hey @worldgolfskills,

Thank you for reaching out!

What you describe here is unfortunately not possible at this time:

If I select the category for one event, I would like that to also automate into the URL for the event.

However, just to be clear, by default there is support for category-filtered views. What I mean, for example, is that if you click the “Category” link on a single event it will take you to a page where only events in that selected category show up.

This screenshot shows the type of Event Category link that I am referring to:

My website for the testing site where this exists is http://support.dev, so when I click that link, I am brought to http://support.dev/events/catgeory/barbecue

Can you confirm that this basic functionality exists for you and works fine? If not, can you:

1. link to an event where the category links do not work as described?
    2. post your site’s system information? Here’s how ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/
    3. Post your site’s “Permalinks” settings? These are found in Settings ā†’ Permalinks in your wp-admin. Are they /%postname%/, for example?

Thanks,
    George

worldgolfskills
    Participant

Hi George,

Yes, that functionality works just fine. However, I’m just trying to figure out a way so that if one of my facilities hosts four different events for example, each event doesn’t just show up as:

url.com/event/facility-1
    url.com/event/facility-2

In a perfect world, I’d like it to show up.
    url.com/event/%category%/facility

I can’t figure out another way to easily automate this without including the event name in the title like.
    url.com/event/event-name-facility-name

George
    Participant

Thanks for clarifying this! I’m sorry to bear the news again that the functionality you describe wanting here is not possible with our plugins at this time:

In a perfect world, Iā€™d like it to show up.
    url.com/event/%category%/facility

Sorry to disappoint. šŸ™ Please let me know if there’s anything else I can try to help with.

Sincerely,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event Category | URL’ is closed to new replies.