Event categories went missing after upgrading to latest version

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Event categories went missing after upgrading to latest version

• This topic has 7 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Brendan Eade.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Eade
    Participant

In the event creation form, there was a Event Categories checkboxes block. Now it’s been replaced by a Event search box after upgrading to the latest The Events Calendar. Is this normal or I am experiencing some bug or issue? Is there any way I can get the Event Categories back?

Hi Brendan,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Was the way that you had the Event Categories in your Community Events form a customization?

If so, it may have been removed in an update if the changes were made directly to the plugin files.

If it was not a customization, I’d recommend starting off by going through ourĀ testing for conflicts procedure and let me know what you find out.

Thanks,

Jaime

Brendan Eade
    Participant

It was an pretty old project and use plugin Community Event Version 3.11, but I don’t think that Event Categories was a customisation. I found that in the latest version of Community Event(Version 4.5.9), in the file /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/Tribe/Main.php, there is a function formCategoryDropdown that has been deprecated, which could been the reason that the Event Category block disappeared after upgrade. Please see the screenshots. Is this a breaking change during the upgrading? Is there an easy way to get it back?

Also another question is that in the latest version of Community Event, the Event search box seems to be not working properly, the error I got in the console is Cannot look for Terms without a taxonomy. Please see the attached screenshot.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Brendan Eade.

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for providing me with all of that information.

You can take a look through the Release Notes Archives to see where changes have been made to the plugin:

https://theeventscalendar.com/category/products/release-notes/

You can try to recreate this functionality for the current version of Community Events using our Themer’s Guide as a starting point.

If you’d like to troubleshoot your Community Events submission form, I’d recommend starting off by going through ourĀ testing for conflicts procedure.

Let me know what you find and if you have any other questions along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Brendan Eade
    Participant

I have managed to get the Event Category block back in the form by using version 4.4.23, which could be a temporary fix. However, it would be great if the user can have the option in the admin settings to keep this functionality instead of removing it abruptly. This is too disruptive for most sites. I hope you guys can add an option to keep this functionality in the admin settings in a future release, so we can keep upgrading the plugin to the latest version. Thanks.

Hi Brendan,

Thanks so much for your feedback.

You can also add this idea to our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Event categories went missing after upgrading to latest version’ is closed to new replies.