Event categories have disappeared, only a few left

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Event categories have disappeared, only a few left

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

I had more than 15 categories that I’d choose between for my events but noticed today that most of them are gone from the list and there are only 7 left. Some examples are “vintage”, “antiques”, “upcycled”, and more.

This issue now leaves my events with categories that are not describing that they are about. For example this event has 2 categories: Music and Outdoors when it used to have many more that better describe it: http://www.guidetovintage.com/event/junkstock-omaha-nebraska-4/

I know I can enter the categories again but that won’t fix the already added events. How can we fix that?

And how did this happen?

I am trying to paste my system information to this ticket but each time I go to Settings in Events, it times out. I have another ticket about that.

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

Sorry to hear about the strange behaviors! They don’t sound like anything I’m seeing on our logged bug reports, so I’m not really sure how this happened. To clarify, are the event categories gone completely from Events > Categories, or have some event categories been removed from published events?

Have you reviewed our Testing for conflicts guide to see if you can narrow down a source of conflict? Please do so and let me know the results. That will also most likely help access the System Information so you can share with us.

Thank you for your patience while we got to your thread and have a great rest of your Monday. Take care!

Gisela Nilsson
    Participant

Hello Hunter,

thanks for responding. Only SOME categories have disappeared. For example the one I use for almost every event: “Vintage”, and also “Antiques” and many others. And some are still there.

And now that some are gone, only the ones left are showing for published events. So an event that used to have 5 categories, might now only have 2.

Certain categories have disappeared from the community events form as well as from the events that are already published + they don’t appear as choices when I add a new event.

Honestly, right now I can’t even get into setting as it times out. I am working with Nico on that, waiting to hear from him.

I will try to test for conflicts but that won’t solve the issue that has already happened.

I am going to try to add some of the categories back but that won’t add them back to all the events I have already created. What do you suggest i do?

Thank you!

Hunter

Hello and thanks for the response,

We’ll essentially need to wait until you can access your System Information and get things running a bit smoother before we can investigate this issue. There shouldn’t be any reason categories were deleted from your site. Our plugin doesn’t delete data, even if you deactivate and delete the plugin from your site. The only way to delete this type of content is manually, or if there was some kind of error with another plugin or potentially your theme.

Please keep me updated on the progress with Nico and we’ll continue investigating once I can get your System Information and the results from the Testing for conflicts guide.

Thank you again and have a good afternoon. Cheers 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Event categories have disappeared, only a few left’ is closed to new replies.